say a prayer....please

Lonesome Ford

I for one strongly believe in the power of prayer, so if you have a spare moment today please say a few words for my cousin Stephanie Kelly, who is my cousin Robert (Bebo) Kelly's wife. She was involved in a head-on accident this afternoon and is in critical condition at University Hospital. Their baby was with her and he's ok (5 mo. old), but Steph is hurt pretty bad.

thanks for everyone's best wishes & I have an update.

baby Beck is ok, he had some glass removed from his forehead and has been admitted & is being treated at University for cuts, bruises, and 2 black eyes. :(

Steph is fighting.......... she had surgery in which they had to remove her spleen and part of the intestine. She also has other internal injuries which seem to have been taken care of the best they can at this point. She had massive internal bleeding which the doctors believe has been stopped. They moved her to the ICU and shortly after took her back to surgery to repair the main artery in one of her legs.

She's in bad shape but she's a tough woman. The doctors are optimistic which is always good. ***PLEASE, EVERYONE, DON'T BE IN TOO MUCH OF A HURRY TO GET WHERE YOU ARE GOING FOR CHRISTMAS. DRIVE CAREFULLY AND BE AWARE OF THOSE DRIVING AROUND YOU. The accident happened on HWY 123 which runs through Seguin. Steph was driving home from her parents house when a car in the oncoming (opposite) lane hydroplaned into her lane. Steph didn't have a chance to react.

thanks again for the prayers and please keep her in them in the coming days....God bless...

Prayer for the Sick

Watch,

O Lord,

with those who wake,

or watch,

or weep tonight,

and give your angels charge over those who sleep.

Tend your sick ones, O Lord Christ.

Rest your weary ones.

Bless your dying ones.

Soothe your suffering ones.

Pity your afflicted ones.

Shield your joyous ones.

And for all your love's sake.

Amen.

- Saint Augustine

:) baby has been released & Steph is stabilized & her vital signs are "fantastic". She showed signs of response despite the head trauma which is also being treated. The doctors are also concerned about the circulation in her right foot which was crushed.

The facts of the story are starting to surface and it is believed the other driver hydroplaned into her lane. The accident happened 10 mi north of Seguin, not south as we had 1st thought. The Seguin Gazette has a short story and a picture of what is left of Steph's Lexus SUV. Thank God her mom gave her that Lexus. The picture link is here: http://seguingazette.com/story.lasso?ewcd=b58a615deef89b46 and there is a story link on the front page.

Our family thanks everyone for their best wishes and your collective prayers. She has a long road to recovery, but it looks almost absolutely positive she'll make the journey. It is so great to have extended family like we do in our racing community.

I wub u guys! :wub:

-Jr

Jr.

I know you know this, but our God can do some incredible things... I'm believing for a speedy recovery for Steph. Again, my family and Team are praying for her...

By the looks of the frontal damage it is a true miracle they are still alive... Praise God the Lexus sits up a little higher...

Please let me know if we can do absolutely anything for you all...

Mark

Slippery conditions lead to two-car collision

By David DeKunder

The Gazette-Enterprise

Published December 21, 2006

GUADALUPE COUNTY — A 23-year-old woman was listed in critical condition after being involved in a head-on collision accident Wednesday near Zorn that involved her baby and a Marion Independent School District employee.

Authorities said wet and slippery conditions are believed to have caused the accident, which occurred at about 11:16 a.m. on State Highway 123 near Randow Road — located 10 miles north of Seguin.

Stephanie Meyer and her infant child were headed south bound in a white Lexus SUV on Highway 123 when they were struck by a white Suburban traveling north bound on the highway, authorities said.

The Suburban was an MISD vehicle and was driven by Gerhard Maske, an employee in the district’s transportation department, authorities said.

“The white Suburban hydroplaned and traveled into the south bound lane, colliding with the Lexus,” Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper L. Casas said.

Meyer and her child were airlifted to University Hospital in San Antonio. Meyer was listed in critical condition. The condition of her child was unknown as of Wednesday afternoon.

Maske was transported by San Marcos EMS to Brackenridge Hospital in Austin. His condition was unknown as of Wednesday afternoon.

After the collision occurred, the Lexus went off into the grassy shoulder of the highway, where it rolled over onto its right side.

The Suburban was able to remain on all four wheels and stayed in the middle of the road, authorities said.

The roof of the Lexus was almost torn off, and its hood was smashed into the front window as a result of the collision.

The hood and the front part of the Suburban were taken out with the front window smashed.

The York Creek Volunteer Fire Department, the South Hays Volunteer Fire Department, DPS and the Guadalupe County Sheriff’s Office were called to the scene.

Archived