Super Stocks At Thunderhill Raceway

fast18

All Right !!! It's about time the Street Stocks got a name change ! In 95 & 96 I ran a Super Stock at Longhorn and the only difference between the car I have now and it was #1 weight jacks rear #2 brake bias adjuster #3 bigger valve springs # 4 aftermarket pedals . ....but what has bothered me the most is when you tell someone you race the Street Stock class who isn't up on racing and they ask you if it's a street car!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one in that class that likes the name change.

actually we can run aftermarket rods, cranks and pistons....weight jacks make setting the car up a little easier & stud girdles might give you 1/100 of a second faster lap time (if anything)....some of these cars have run times close to some limited late model times. They may not be Super Stocks to some but they are a lot more than Street Stocks

i agree a name change was in need. prolly not super stocks but definately not street stocks. however we are closer to supers than we are streets. what ever the name it dont matter to me. i just wanna race in this particular class

lol...super stock.... stock frames, no weight jacks...stock rods,cranks and heads (heck, you cant even run stud girdles).... I have ran bombers that could run more than you guys. I say street stock was the right name. But...what is in a name (but you still are not super stocks) lol

How 'bout you bring this "bomber" that could run more than these guys and see if you can keep up! There is absolutely nothing wrong with the name change. This class has evolved quite a bit from where it started, and willl continue to do so in the future. The current Hobby Stock is closer to "street" than the old Street Stock; I'm sorry Super Stock. I find it very childish that we are now complaining about the name of a class, just because the rules are not to YOUR liking! Stop taking away the credit these guys are receiving for putting on some of the BEST SHORT TRACK RACING in Texas night after night. They deserve to be called "SUPER" when they have the largest car count, largest number of COMPETITIVE cars & drivers, and a whole lot more racing than following the leader. The top guys are running times on the track that are comparable to the original THR Limited Late Models before they evolved into TSRS type cars. In fact, I think that the average car count of, I believe, 20 speaks for itself. This IS the premiere local class at THR, and the race that most everyone comes to see on a regular basis. To put it plainly, these guys are putting butts in the stands and deserve the recognition for it! If that means calling them "Super" Stocks, then so be it. I know for a fact that these drivers and crews will continue to put on some "super" racing every race weekend!! Besides, your car should be built to the RULES and not the NAME; we're not talking Hondas and BMWs, we're talking stock car racing at your local short track. Why not try this? Look up rules at other tracks across the US and find the class that comes the closest to this one and see how many DIFFERENT names you come up with that still don't suit you. Bottom line, either support your local track and classes, or find a new hobby. The one thing I've noticed on these boards, is that someone always has to find a way to be negative about something. Maybe that's just how it is these days, I don't know. The one thing I do know is, I'm looking forward to some exciting Super Stock racing at THR this year!

I am happy to see the name change. Thank you MaryAnn and all others who agreed we were

ready to be classified as Super Stocks. Over the years this class has evolved quite a bit and when

we were allowed to lock the rear ends we did move closer to the Old Super Stocks we all know.

This is a good change for a great class of cars and drivers !!

but , dangit .. now I have to change my Log in name

Archived