For the Pro Sedan fans out there!

Randy Larsen

Better get busy, only 74 days till the season starts.
well thats to soon .lol taking vacation till january . then jessie .and eye will get started on the shark .so he can put a woppen on some one this year going to get serious .just goofed off last year .

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, its good to see that some are resting(ha,ha,ha)while others of us are crunching numbers,tweaking suspensions,changing tranny gears,and trying to change gravitational pull to our advantage :D .......I believe that 2007 is gonna be a year to remember :ph34r: ..............

You need to work off season . for me after some 20 odd years of spending 95 percent of off season working on these darn things .i and jessie decided to take a vacation this winter .and boy has it been nice but sometimes i get that itch and have to fight myself from working on the cars .i know it will bite us aFTER THIS SHORT 3 MONTH BREAK .BUT WHAT THE HECK . I AM STARTING TO GET THE ITCH ALITTLE MORE . I WAS STARTING TO BURN OUT THE LAST TWO YEARS .WHEN YOU START ASKING YOURSELF WHY ARE YOU WORKING SO HARD TO MAKE A RACE .EVEN IF ITS JUST CHAINGING GEARS SYMPLE TASK .ITS TIME FOR A REST .I WANT IT TO BE A HOBBIE AGAIN AND NOT FEEL LIKE A JOB .SO MAYBE NEXT YEAR WE WILL COME OUT WITH OUR GUNS LOADED FOR SOME FINDER GRINDING BUMBER BENDING .BUG BUMP DRAFTING FUN . 53.S IN OUR SIGHT .PSSS I THINK THE DRIVER IS GETTING ITCHY TO LOL .HE HAS TOLD ME HE WANTS TO DRIVE .I DONT KNOW IF THAT IS a GOOd thing .thow .

:ph34r: randy's out of hibernation, looks like the medication has worn off. porchman, as you know we're way behind, but stopped work on the ride till dec 26. usually don't work on race cars from thanksgiving till new years, but not this year.

"....... FINDER GRINDING BUMBER BENDING .BUG BUMP DRAFTING FUN". ot, sure sounds like fun to me. think i'll put a couple extra supports on the bumpers :D

:ph34r: randy's out of hibernation, looks like the medication has worn off. porchman, as you know we're way behind, but stopped work on the ride till dec 26. usually don't work on race cars from thanksgiving till new years, but not this year.

"....... FINDER GRINDING BUMBER BENDING .BUG BUMP DRAFTING FUN". ot, sure sounds like fun to me. think i'll put a couple extra supports on the bumpers :D

Add them high up and dont run a stinger lol .looking forward to racen yah blue .aslong as we are not singing the blue,s .and shaime on randy for taken drugs .i dont know if i would let him build porch moooootorrrrs fer me .did yah give pipsqueek some of those drugs too .must still be asleep .that guys kinda skinnie so dont give him that much anymore .now for everyones sanity can you give me some . :D

No, Nick I dont have any of your suspension papers,those were comments I have come up with on my own,and as for Pepsiblue's thinking I am on drugs,You better believe it,I am addicted to SPEED,the kind of forward motion you get with the help of an AIRCOOLED internal combustion engine!!!!!!!!............Oh and by the way I will be having surgery soon,.................TO INSTALL A CHUNK OF LEAD IN MY RIGHT FOOT,I might need help getting in the car (lifting my right leg),and alot stronger gas pedal....................Randy#53 :ph34r:

No, Nick I dont have any of your suspension papers,those were comments I have come up with on my own,and as for Pepsiblue's thinking I am on drugs,You better believe it,I am addicted to SPEED,the kind of forward motion you get with the help of an AIRCOOLED internal combustion engine!!!!!!!!............Oh and by the way I will be having surgery soon,.................TO INSTALL A CHUNK OF LEAD IN MY RIGHT FOOT,I might need help getting in the car (lifting my right leg),and alot stronger gas pedal....................Randy#53 :ph34r:

You need pads on you leftfoot so you can stop that crazy thang .i dont want you to sand bag like you did in kyle anymore .looking forward to raceing you .

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Randy, Don't forget the race car show. January 6,. Brr96 is for the 96 driver now. Now I'm Bugin2race95. Yes were going to have 4 bugs air cool. I can hear the power now. LOL. Their all Yellow & the numbers are 95 ,96 ,97 & 98. Score keeper ain't going to like me. And the drunks in the stands are gonna put their beers down. LOL. Come on down. I'll help you as much as I can. Thanks to GB I've really gotten into it. GB has been a lot of help.

ALL my drivers are helpers & I'm the only fabricator. I have 3 down & one to go.

P.S Us bug guys only have to weight 1700. Ain't that cool.

Hey Randy how long have you been an aircool man?

bug

They cant speak at this time .i tried my secret brew on them and it worked to good .they are what you call brain sleep mode . :unsure: maybe ill tune it down some .

oldtimer you have some old tricks in your bag, :unsure:

Bugin2race,I raced my first aircooled bug in 1992 with the Pro sedans,and have been racing with them all this time,(I did take a 1 year absence)and as money allows I have tried to make every race I can,one of my biggest problems is being a fireman in Austin and having a schedule that makes me be on duty 24hrs and I never get a whole weekend off so its a juggling act to make every race, all season.

I do build my cars and engines but have the experts build my trannys,and I tell you,once I think I have things figured out......"SLAP".......the car reminds me its the boss,so every race to this day seems to be a learning experience.

I have been a big fan of the Pro Sedans from day one and really look forward to racing with all the drivers,due to for the most part they are good drivers,good friends,and we put on some pretty dang good races,and like Mike Knotts,I will probably be racing with them from now on....................Randy #53 Texas Pro Sedans

Also,that was a great article in Hot VW's about the slug bug class in New Mexico,it goes to show you that,IF YOU BUILD THEM,THEY WILL COME!!!!!!,............I did e-mail them and congratulated them on their success and sent them a picture of the Pro Sedan Bugs and hopefully they will stay in touch and I might take a trip up there to go skiing and try to catch one of their races in the near future................Randy

Watch out Oldtimer,the old dinosaurs have been awakened................and I do believe the T-REX was quite the hunter...........................Randy

OH hell now im getting nervous .randy you remind me of terry labonte .after he won the championship in 96 i didnt know he had that many words that would come out of him . i didnt know you could say so much without taken a breath of air .either it was my secret brew or you was working at that responce to the new guy on the block all day long and called tps 55 for some help .lol iether way it damn scary .the buggers are getting smart .where the hell is MEN IN BLACK when you nnnnnneneeeeeeeedddd them .

I'm pretty sure I know what that special brew is that oldmader has bee drinkin'...PintoPi$$

and by the gallon it would seem.

And bugin2race I raced my first aircooler at Pan American Speedway in 1973, it was a karmen ghia.

Champion that year was Neil McCorvey in a suprer beetle. Those old vw's just won't die.

Thats it mike how did you find out . pinto p . might be randy has shared some that herbie coffie with you .

bug 2 race dont let randy fool you he has a fast bug .and you can bet your sweet blank he will give us hell this year .high output beatlejuice in his car .

Yes Oldtimer, Randy's Bug is very fast. I have a lot of respect for all the pro sedan drivers. I remember when Pro Sedans were at CCspeedway. I was drewling over all the VWs. I was the big goofy guy that was stumbling every time I passed a pro sedan VW. I have along ways to go to get to yalls caliper. For now I'm just having fun learning & racing the bug. I didn't mean to sound like I know everything about bugs, because I don't. In 2007 I have a tall order to try to beat GB.

Thanks bugin2race,My car runs fairly good, but needs alot in the handling department,and I do have a few tricks up my sleeve that I should be able to finish by our first race March 3rd,and I bought a new seat so hopefully it doesnt feel like the car is trying to throw me out the passenger door!!!

Also keep an eye on that #7 pinto of oldtimer,that is one car that should say"Pony Express" on the side of it,he keeps claiming that I am sandbagging...........I was as hard on the gas as I could and his driver Jessie passed me with ease.......................Randy

I think that in 2007 if you can finish on the lead lap, you will have accomplished something. This looks like a tough year if you want a top 3 finish. More fast cars than in years past. I guess I better get to working on my cars. Would like to get the pipsqueek only 2 laps down this year. only 61 days to find out.

POny EXspress .lol thats a good one .may have to put that on the side .Mike your right you will have to be at your best this year . Going to be fast and close racen .Great aslong as you go home with a car .and no more broken bones .Tps 55 get a new number .say like 75 .that way you can finish on the lead lap .55 just to slow . Bugin 2 noone knows everything .except me and i still have to ask questions . :) randy i hope that new seat help.s everyone knows you need it . :D if thats whats holding you back then we are in a heap of trouble mister sandbag .bugin 2 his hint was { IT Trys To Throw Me }out the passengerside auto tell something s up his herbie tail pipe .and it isnt { IRISH COFFIE.} randy we can read between those header pipes .

Yes,only 61 days away,and I agree with Mike,just to finish on the lead lap in 2007 is gonna be tough,I think that there is gonna have to be some serious tweaking to keep thes rockets on the pavement,I know that I am focusing on the Sergio Hexel method,"get it stuck in the corners and you can be a bit slower"or so he claimed in that last race at Kyle.............

where is the Brazilnut anyways,I bet he and Don are building a sweet engine for next year,and how come we arent hearing from "Lightning McCosh,pipsqueek",are you keeping him busy Mike?

What about Lanny?are you out there fellow aircooler????

Has Jamie sold his new beetle?,has Joshua Tuttle sold the Chevy Cobalt?.....................Randy

Archived