amybody heard?

RodneyRodriguez

Speed-O-Rama/Longhorn/Paramount Speedway should be a piece of cake to fix it up, right Mickey?

All it needs is all new electical from the transformer in, all new plumbing since the old stuff is no where near up to code. And oh yeah, the grandstands need to be torn down and completely rebuilt. Oh, and the track surface may need some major work - maybe even starting completely over. And, of course, the concession area is also out of code and can no longer be "grandfathered" since the track has been idle so long. And I can't remember is the retaining barriers are still in good shape, but hey, who needs bang their car up against the darn thing anyway?

But, on a positive note, I think the pits and parking lot are in pretty good shape once you knock the overgrowth down a bit.

Nick

i'm sorry it was a joke............i wish it were true , sorta , we have a great austin area track right now that needs support.

sorry

Don't believe Crazyhorse...he is just shy about being a tech man ! We have a few bugs to work out and in no way would ever try to compete with THR. I cut my teeth racin' at Longhorn aka Dillon Raceway but my heart is with THR now. Thanks for all the support. Aaron and Shawn will let everyone know when we will need volunteer help to upgrade the facility. Thanks again....Owner /Operator Dillon Raceway Mickey McKim

My parents took us there in the 60's and I did some derbies there in the 80's. I started racing there in 1990 and was so hooked I only missed one night in 5 years (that one night is another story). I got a chance to walk around out there a couple of weeks ago and it makes you sad to see it in that condition. I'm pretty sure it will never be a race track again....unless I hit the lottery !!! :D

Yea I'd say history there..I actually drove there when I was 16 (in a 55 chevy)..had to have a permit signed by my mom. Then Monico Reyes and I built a 68 Camaro that I gave up my seat to David Umscheid.He started driving it mid season and almost won the championship #76 I still have my crew shirt!

THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO :lol:

This is one of those photos that didn't quite turn out like I'd hoped for ......... the kind that usually get thrown in the trash can. But, I looked at it again today and it made me think of TxTom and his conversation with Matt on the prior page about potholes and chicken a$$es.

You'd never figure it out if I didn't tell you. The photo is not of a chicken, but of a Wild Turkey TOM. The problem is, just as I was about to snap the photo, he turned north. We're looking at the south end! He is in full mating regalia! Too bad he didn't turn south. I took this photo a while back through the windshield of my truck, just down the road from here. A camera is all I hunt with anymore.

Anyway, I got this really good shot of a Tom turkey's A$$. Tom, I know you'll want to thank me for this! :lol::lol::lol:

Archived