amybody heard?

RodneyRodriguez

i heard mickey mckim bought it.....................but we should wait and let him make a public announcement , so that way there won't be any false speculation as to how many races he will be scheduling for the season , who the tech man will be , what classes will be running .etc . etc.

OK...last tuesday my wife took a couple of laps at Dillon Raceway (reliving her Golden Girls Championship there). It was sure to get out sooner or later. It's true that me and some silent partners have purchased the track. Aaron Brungot will be managing the track. Jack Sandefur has his hands full with THR and TSRS so I have hired another close friend to be the tech man...Shawn Lehman aka Crazyhorse. I have faith that he will be fair and impartial. There will be a full and complete release further detailing the scheduling and classes. I do believe there was a segment filmed there for an upcoming episode of Friday Night Lights also. Thanks Owner & Operator of Dillon Raceway Mickey McKim

WE are working with many of the locals.. to get in a great nights racing.. Quickly...

Instead of 3 practice sessions there will only be 1 10 min per class and use the draw method to set starting line up...

Top 4 from each heat will run a dash to set the invert.

More to follow.. as soon as Mickey comes up with the budget to knock the stands down... and start over..

Said he had $$ tied up in storage right now... he will have it turned into cast at the swap meet...

The only thing that could make a lap around that track today would be a OFF Road Baja if it was lucky. That track has pot holes bigger than a red roosters a@%.

Matt,

That is a most interesting comparison you have there. But I was wondering if you could elaborate a little for me, so I have a better perspective of your comparison of pot holes and red rooster a@%.

Now, I assume you are referring to a Rhode Island Red rooster a@%, but how would that compare to, say, a White Leghorn rooster a@%, or maybe a Plymouth Rock rooster a@%?

Further, is there enough difference in the size of the rooster a@% that we could create further comparisons that compare different size potholes to different size rooster a@%?

Let us know, we value your knowledge of the rooster a@%!

Tom

txtom, My statement was a joke that is why I put a at the end of it. Your knowledge of roosters amazes me and kind of weirds me out at the same time. I hope you can get through it. If not I am sure that there is help out their.

Don't worry, I amaze and weird myself out sometimes, too.

But I think it would be interesting if you could come up with some kind of "rooster a@% scale" so we can differentiate between the various sizes of pot holes.

Maybe the red rooster a@% could be a medium size pot hole, a white leghorn rooster a@% could be a bigger pot hole, and so on.

Just think of the post-race conversations-- "I was running good until until I hit that white rooster's a@% with the left front, and knocked it out of toe."

Now that would be a heckuva conversation!! :D

i'm so excited mickey has bought that track. probably will set up a deal where you could trade car parts and whatnot for your entry fee. i'm so excited,i have at least a years admission by looking around the yard.

mickey would prolly have to give you a definite answer on that........................

he'll prolly be trying to set up some volunteer work days to get the facilities in shape that much quicker.

he'll also open the ballot box for the new name of the old track.

Archived