Changes for 2007

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To help out with your Christmas list I can tell you if you want to run Super Stock with 10" tires you can because I am going to leave it alone other than schedule and payout. If you want to run the Hobby Class you can because that class will exist.

Hope this helps.

Owen

thank you Owen...hopefully the supers will make a showing so they can make it easy for you to schedule races for them

OK SUPER STOCKS OWEN SAYS HE IS GOING TO HAVE THE SUPER STOCKS BUT I CAN BET THAT IF THERE ARE NOT MANY CARS SHOWING UP THAT HE IS NOT GOING TO SCHEDULE MANY RACES

Owen again I thank you for the pm,but seems were still having to read between the lines.Can we get a straight answer to what your plans are for the Super Stocks. Are wegoing to get one race or 10 races. Just trying figure out which car to put together. Thanks Bob.

Not sure what the schedule will be yet, I have to figure out how to fit 7 classes in a 3 week end month. I only plan to race 3 weeks a month next season except when we have special events. Super Stocks will get at least once a month on a night when Edna is not running. I will get the schedule figured out as soon as I can and let everyone know.

Sorry for any confusion.

Owen Pittman

• 3 weeks later...
Still no rules for new super stock-street stock class? Hard to build a car without some rules.

hjf2 seems to me that since there is still super stock class and a street stock class i would go back to last yrs rules and start there instead of waiting on somthing but jmo

Still no rules for new super stock-street stock class? Hard to build a car without some rules.

hjf2 seems to me that since there is still super stock class and a street stock class i would go back to last yrs rules and start there instead of waiting on somthing but jmo

postell69 I already have but it would be nice to know what the exact rules are and not have to wait to the last minute. jmo ok

I agree with allowing headers in the Purestock Class.

The kind of Xmanifolds I, and some others ran were pretty much headers.

Though technically legal(even though they came off a sports car), they were pretty difficult/expensive to get. In my opinion it wasn't fair to the other guys who were running the 305 Xmanifold on the right side because they were cheap. Headers from what I priced where cheaper than the "impala/firebird" Xmanifold I was running. When I switched from that little "305" manifold to the "impala/firebird" manifold it made a tremendous difference, and I think it would be much more fair for everyone just to run some cheap headers.

YOU KNOW GUYS DOES'NT MATTER WHAT THE RULE'S ARE NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO AGREE WITH ALL OF THEM.SOME PEOPLE WANT THERE WAY,OTHERS ARE JUST HAPPY WE HAVE A PLACE TO RACE..SO JUST WAIT TILL WE HAVE A DRIVER'S MEETING TO VOICE OUR SUGGESTIONS,MAYBE THEY'LL AGREE WITH WHAT CHANGE'S WE WANT!!I WOULD LIKE FEW CHANGE'S IN OUR CLASS,BUT THAT'S JUST ME..TAKE A VOTE SEE WHAT COME'S OUT OF IT.

THE MORE PEOPLE THAT SHOW UP FOR THE MEETING,THE BETTER!!

NOT TRYING TO BE A SMART A$$,JUST THE WAY I SEE IT!!!!!! :huh:

heyb 3d,maybe you should try finding and buying headers that actually fit these cars. then try to fab them.it is expensive and time consuming.i know several who tried to put headers and had to modify the frame or firewall. especially if the motor is in the right location. just my opinion. stock manifolds are everywhere and readily available.i was one of the few who had to run 305 manifolds.i just dealt with it. keep them stock or we are gonna lose cars and be like the streets and supers and have talk of combining classes. stock exhaust is stock exhaust ,run it

heyb 3d,maybe you should try finding and buying headers that actually fit these cars. then try to fab them.it is expensive and time consuming.i know several who tried to put headers and had to modify the frame or firewall. especially if the motor is in the right location. just my opinion. stock manifolds are everywhere and readily available.i was one of the few who had to run 305 manifolds.i just dealt with it. keep them stock or we are gonna lose cars and be like the streets and supers and have talk of combining classes. stock exhaust is stock exhaust ,run it

Hey Darrell, thanks for the feedback.

You make a good point, and you are right!

Keep'em Stock

I just want it to be fair for EVERYONE.

Owen, you did a A+++ job this year giving us all a great place to race.

I don't have the answers.

I just know what I saw last year, and It wasn't fair for some of the guys in our class.(Purestock)

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK????

any ideas???

here's a few more

ACTUALLY STOCK LOWER END/w 4v flat tops (stock replacement ONLY)

1 inch inspection hole on the oil pan to check rods.

Enforce the stroke rule of 3.48"........NO 3.50" strokers (you know who you are)

NO Sports car exhaust like the Firebird/Impala Exhaust Manifold (too difficult for everyone to get)

STOCK replacement fuel pumps only.

Locked rear end (which I think was allready approved)

WHITE SPOKE RIMS ONLY FOR EVERYONE 3" or 4"

like I said....just some ideas I had.

And as always......It's easier said than done.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt very seriously that the “Old Timer, Outlaw run what ya brung” modified drivers from Corpus Christy are going to vote for IMCA sanctioned rules. That’s why they all stopped racing at I 37 years ago. A lot of them would have to modify their cars and build new motors to meet the IMCA rules. Cheating would no longer be legal. Don’t get me wrong, I love to watch them race not to mention they are the reason for the spectators in the stands. The number of engines claimed each week would start more fights than you could imagine. I think that if the track and drivers want to join a sanctioning body then they should look at UMP. Historically speaking, Corpus Christy Modified drivers race for bragging rights not points or championships. That type of mentality in not conducive to IMCA racing.

Archived