Texas Super Coupes

JD85

If you're interested, there is a photo of one of the "Texas Super Coupes" currently posted near the bottom on the thread "Old Modified and Super-Modified Photos" in the Texas Racing History Section. Along with that photo is one of the "original" super coupes .......... actually it's an old modified. The 22 car belonged to the late Waldo Harper, who drove it in races in San Antonio and Austin in 1961.

Actually a Gentleman from there club approched me at SAS one night after the races. I told him i would like to talk to him about the possibility of running them at SAS. But as of now, i have heard nothing from them

If the club is interested, please call me with some info.

Rick Day

SAS General Manager

210-827-4524

>>> Atten: Rick Day: I would have been the one that approached you that night at SAS. Yes, we are interested in running at SAS. We had to finish up our season on dirt this year, we are now in the process of changing our cars over to asphalt set ups. We are in contact with Thunder Hill Raceway and would love to add SAS to our schedule. If you would like to speak to me personally please call me.

>>>> As of this time we are working on our website...it is under construction now, but the site is www.texassupercoupes.com. We are also listed on Texas Speed Zone under vintage race cars, there are also pics with that.

>>>>> As for how many cars we will have running the races would be between 10 - 12. If anyone is interested in purchasing a cars we have them for sale and please call me. We are always looking for new drivers to join the class.

Thank You,

Jerry Dechert

Vice-President Texas Super Coupes

210-219-6398

Archived