A piece of Longhorn history

NickHolt

A piece of Longhorn - literally - is in this pic of Tommy Davis' LM. Tommy hung off the track in one and two (the fast way around in those days) and heard a noise, but didn't pay any attention until he got home and found the piece of the track wedged in the right front.

Not sure what year that was, but was probably in the late 80's...

Nick

post-3-1165509258_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...
A piece of Longhorn - literally - is in this pic of Tommy Davis' LM. Tommy hung off the track in one and two (the fast way around in those days) and heard a noise, but didn't pay any attention until he got home and found the piece of the track wedged in the right front.

Not sure what year that was, but was probably in the late 80's...

Nick

Nick - I've got a piece of PAS in my posession. I know it sounds sick, but I have so many great memories there and in Austin, I can't even think about parting with it. Someday I'll hang it on the wall and everyone here in Eau Claire, Wisconsin will think I've lost my mind.

GO PACKERS!!!!!!! usally johnny would 2nd that ,,,but now i guuuessssss i work alone or with a drunk goat.

alot of people had pieces of that track (longhorn) i had a piece in my left eye in a heat race (sorry no picture)........you'd think if you had %s right you'd have damn sure felt that,,,,,would not have to be a noise to disreguard,,,just the fact that the car won't turn,,,,like i said unless you are use to that.

GO PACKERS!!!!!!! usally johnny would 2nd that ,,,but now i guuuessssss i work alone or with a drunk goat.

alot of people had pieces of that track (longhorn) i had a piece in my left eye in a heat race (sorry no picture)........you'd think if you had %s right you'd have damn sure felt that,,,,,would not have to be a noise to disreguard,,,just the fact that the car won't turn,,,,like i said unless you are use to that.

Didn't get a chance to run Longhorn, but ran at PAS in a streeter. I ran a '65 Olds Jetstar 88 flawlessly for 150 laps (like the Fiesta 150 they use to run at PAS). The very next night, I ran my stepmother's Honda Prelude in the turn 4 fence (you know, the CONCRETE wall). Needless to say, my father wasn't real pleased the next morning. FYI, the Packers stink - I'm a Cowboys fan......

FYI, the Packers stink - I'm a Cowboys fan......

youre lucky the goat is ,,,,,well he's drunk or he'd have a think or two to say about that.

he did manage to gurgle out "don't let me catch him in cibolo tx....ba,,,hick up."

youre lucky the goat is ,,,,,well he's drunk or he'd have a think or two to say about that.

he did manage to gurgle out "don't let me catch him in cibolo tx....ba,,,hick up."

Go Pack. Sorry 'horse, I've been chasing drunk goats back to city hall. ;) Don't need 'em around here now that I'm retired from public life.

Go Pack. Sorry 'horse, I've been chasing drunk goats back to city hall. ;) Don't need 'em around here now that I'm retired from public life.

Your're in luck....I won't be seen there for another 23 days.....

Archived