Hwy 16 Pics posted 1982

Latemodel99

Thanks so much LM99. What a great bunch of photos of a great bunch of drivers. These are part of our regional racing heritage. They mean a lot to a lot of us. This is just the type of thing I envisioned when I started this section. It's all about our racing heritage, free of the bs, politics and whining that go on in the other section.

I invite others to participate. I know there are thousands of photos out there that no one else will ever see if you don't get on here and share them. You don't owe it to us, but maybe, just maybe you owe it to them.

Think about it!

I have a pictures of Robin from Fontana last year when they were filming "Wally's World". I'll post it so you'll can see the difference...

Oh, anyone know what kind of car Tommy Grimes is standing in front of? Looks like a Ford Maverick or Torino???

BUBBA RAN HIS CAR AND IN THE LMITED SPORTSMAN AND JOHN RAN HIS IN THE SUPER LATE MODELS. I'M PRETTY SURE THEY WERE SPONSORED OR OWNED BY THE SAME FOLKS.

TERRY BARDEN

Both of the #65 cars were owned by my grandpa, (Bubba Menard's dad). The only year Bubba ran the camaro as a limited latemodel was in '81. After that I believe John drove it in limited for a year, while my dad ran the Larry Shaw outlaw lookin car in latemodel. First night out with that car Ricci Ware Jr. got under my dad goin into one on the first lap of the feature. They got together and dad went over the wall in one and two. They never could get that car hooked up after that. Atleast thats the story I've heard.....only the old guys were around in those days.......jk

Back in 1982 the young guns where Grimes, Hagy Jr, Meyers Jr, Weaks

Today the young guns are starting out at a younger age. It is possible some of these drivers will be racing with you soon. A few of these drivers have stepped out of a QM and into a Lonestar Legacy. In a year or so they will again take a step up the ladder to race alongside you.

Pictured are a sample of the drivers to look for.

back row: Jake Kruger, Dillon Sampson

front row: Eric Brunner, Taylor Brandes, Levi Krauss, Nikki Kruger, Kris Kerr, Dillon Spreen

320245586_f3897d471f.jpg

• 7 months later...
Both of the #65 cars were owned by my grandpa, (Bubba Menard's dad). The only year Bubba ran the camaro as a limited latemodel was in '81. After that I believe John drove it in limited for a year, while my dad ran the Larry Shaw outlaw lookin car in latemodel. First night out with that car Ricci Ware Jr. got under my dad goin into one on the first lap of the feature. They got together and dad went over the wall in one and two. They never could get that car hooked up after that. Atleast thats the story I've heard.....only the old guys were around in those days.......jk

That's bad to the bone Daddy.....

Archived