Nerve

RockStan

What happened to the TTOPA post that I was replying to , damn that thing disapeared faster than free cake at a jenny craig meeting. Nick I never said to listen to the drivers and enforce what they said , I believe it was here us out and take it into consideration, but hey just one more point that ya'll dont listen to people. Anyway it dont matter to me"well it does" but by 1-1-07 I should be gone so ya'll have fun with the new proposed rule packages that everyone"no one" is trying to put together to save us or ya'll your hard earned money, maybe the Roots will travel over sea's and start a Gihad IMCA.

Didn't hit a nerve on this end, Stan. I started the thread to see what sort of support the common rules stuff had. I got my answer right away!

Nick

Nick all you have to do, is go back and look threw the other threads on here. That will give you your answer on common rules. But if you want to no what kind of support these have, invite from every class, at every track, the 6th 9th and 13th place drivers, not the champions. Ask them what there thoughts on "common rules" are. They are the dedicated ones at the track, they get nothing in return except the fact that they can say I drive a racecar. Why not take a shot at making them a champion in a year or 2, instead of asking several past champions or putting a thread up and taking it down when you dont like the response it is getting. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

...invite from every class, at every track, the 6th 9th and 13th place drivers, not the champions. Ask them what there thoughts on "common rules" are. They are the dedicated ones at the track, they get nothing in return except the fact that they can say I drive a racecar. Why not take a shot at making them a champion in a year or 2, instead of asking several past champions or putting a thread up and taking it down when you dont like the response it is getting. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Stan, I agree with you completely that input from the race teams is important, and I agree that a team's

standing in the points battles should not give any more or less weight to their input. However, I strongly disagree with the rest of your post. Since you seem to have an issue with Champions in your post, I'll respond. We've won 3 SS titles in the past 4 years. You seem to say that Champions are not dedicated. I'll submit to you that we would not have won any of those titles if it were not for extreme dedication to this sport. We have not missed a single race in at least 4, maybe 5, years. We have done countless promotions for the track and our sponsors. Is that not dedication? We spend hours every week working on our equipment on a very tight budget to keep it in top notch shape. Is that not dedication?

In the past, you and others have suggested that the people at the top of the points are responsible for rules changes over the years. Give Jack Sandefur a call and ask him what rules I've lobbied him to have changed? He'll tell you very few. The only one I can remember is the 3-link rear end change for the metric cars. I fought for this for good reasons that I would re-count here. That's about the extent of the rules we've asked for.

I suggest you think your posts through a little before you hit the "add reply" button. The champions are very dedicated and don't deserve to be singled out because they are successful at what they do. Ask Gary Sr. and Gary Jr. if they disagree with that.

Well before you jump down my throat Chase why dont you ask Mr. Nick to repost the TTOPA posting and see what I was refering to, intstead of "hitting the reply button" and jumping into conversation mid stride. I never said champions were not dedicated,nowhere in my post did I say that. What was said in the previous TTOPA post was that the real dedicated drivers are the ones that have nothing more than beat up car fenders,cut tires and a flat pocket book. No trophy or money in return , no recognition, nothing. If you must know. But the almighty computer god took it down before anyone else could read it because he got his answers from 2 or 3 people. Now try asking nicely and he might repost it................. doubt it, but you never no.

common rules are a great idea. the powers that be should listen to the drivers etc and take notes. then all the tracks can get together and pen a good set of rules that would allow the cars to run at any track with little or no changes. if the tracks continue to isolate themselves and not allow outside cars on a limited budget to compete with the local drivers you will run out of cars eventually. it would be great to see all 4 of the tracks in our area sit down and do something before it is too late. all of you should leave the politics at home and get it done.

they should make it an open invitation to the drivers that are interested in participating in the rules discussion regardless of where you finished in the points........some of the drivers who finished low in points did so because they chose to not run for one reason or another.......may not have been because of rules or what not.......would be nice to see all the tracks get on the same page and work together........

...........and they should'nt , thats what a touring series is for.

But crazyhorse they cant even come to an agreement for the touring series only a couple of the tracks(sas and thr) can. And i have to thank them for letting us race on both their tracks.

regardless of where you finished in the points........some of the drivers who finished low in points did so because they chose to not run for one reason or another.......may not have been because of rules or what not.......would be nice to see all the tracks get on the same page and work together........

Really? When was the last time anyone asked Kris Wilson , or Howard Rusnack jr what they think of the rules package? I will tell ya right now Kris will give ya an ear full. Howard raced I think 1 or two nights this year but was there every night last year.........................I bet no one asked him anything. I am not singling out kyle I just dont know the status of other drivers at other tracks so try to keep that comment to yourself. But I do know that common rules would be a good thing. About 75% of the people on here agree with them 50% and disagree 45% and aint real sure about the other 5%. About 20% disagree completly and the other 5% agree 100%(did everyone keep up with that?) I know this is racing and yes I know we are going to lose money, but come on people. You can not save a racer money, dont even try. If you save them $100 dollars a week that is 400 a month guess what ..................... he has enough to buy a new trailer. So please just dont use that as an arguing point............... rather say we would like you to be able to go on your weeks off and run SAS or HMP or CCMS or THR. Common rules packages are the best thing for everyone in racing, from the owners to the fans, it is common sense, if you run a limited schedule, witch I think all tracks have gone to, why would you not want the other cars to come to your track. Hello McFly, they have fans and family that will more than likely follow( more money in your pocket )<~~~~~~~ that is a secret, apparently me and a very few others are aware of this fact. So to answer your question Nick , COMMON RULES HAVE A VERY STRONG BACKGROUND STANDING. But dont tease I hate that, you think you are getting something and end up with a bad case of blue boys, looking at the dirty web sites all night. Invite a few drivers from each track to sit in and ad input, and not to single out the champions who do nothing (ha ha ha ha ha) but most of them have what it takes, most of them can make anything work. Dont invite them because then the lower men and women on the totem pole think you are catering to there wants and needs, I know chase you havent asked for anything, but convince other people not me. Cater to the people on the bottom of the latter as much as the people on the top, other than by saying "Oh we do"................ Anyways it is late I am tired and I am going back to sleep now.

Has anyone put more effort into common rules and track cooperation than Nick did a few years ago?

I don't think it's completely fair to make him the whipping boy on this because he is "on here" and conveniently

smackable. He was representing himself back then but has employer loyalties to deal with now.

I did get a little lost in Rockstan's percentages but I am 110% sure that the accountability for choosing today's and tomorrow's rules is with the track's owners. How they choose to get input is up to them. They have a lot more money riding on this deal than any individual racer does.

The inescapable fact is that going to common rules "tomorrow" will eliminate some car count SHORT TERM. Some car owners won't/can't immediately spend the money to make the changes required.

EVERYBODY thinks that cooperation is just swell as long as it means "you" cooperate with "me"--->

"If YOU would just spend a lot of time and money to change YOUR car around to be like mine, I could come to your track and race on my off nights...maybe . Wouldn't that be great for both of us?"

Heck, if you are going to copy somebody for common rules, car count and used car value retention, just go with IMCA I stocks, Hobbys and mods all on IMCA tires.

IF that (or any other idea) was successful then, hey, problem solved....LONG TERM...but...tracks have bills to pay and wolves at the door to contend with "today". A pre-requisite of even having a future is surviving the present.

Just my opinion,

Jay

"Heck, if you are going to copy somebody for common rules, car count and used car value retention, just go with IMCA I stocks, Hobbys and mods all on IMCA tires." This would be the smart thing to do regardless of who it pissed off.

and put all current local racers out of business. Sure, sounds like a real smart thing to consider. :blink:

Really? When was the last time anyone asked Kris Wilson , or Howard Rusnack jr what they think of the rules package? I will tell ya right now Kris will give ya an ear full. Howard raced I think 1 or two nights this year but was there every night last year.........................I bet no one asked him anything. I am not singling out kyle I just dont know the status of other drivers at other tracks so try to keep that comment to yourself.

does it really matter who they ask? it seems that if they would just work together at all would be good enough.........and if they dont agree on common rules who cares...........would there really be that many drivers running other tracks on their nights off, or would they use that time to work on their car to improve it or spend time with their familes........if the drivers wanted to run other tracks they would join a touring series........common rules would be nice for the end of the year special races, but most guys wont take a chance of tearing up their cars and ruining their shot at a championship to run a different track.......jmo

what he said..................

most guys wouldn't run the other tracks anyway...........octoberfast and the spectacular was proof of that , and that was at the end of the year and not just in between weeks off from your home track.

few things to consider.

1) carbs 350 or 500

2) tires hoosier or American racer

3) rear ends open or locked.

I'm sure we could go on. The carb issue and locked rear end are easy. It's going to be the tires that will cause the biggest headache. Now this is only my opinion....

but most guys wont take a chance of tearing up their cars and ruining their shot at a championship to run a different track..

Rebel racer's thought here was proven only 6 years ago when Chambers tried to get racers to come back to Longhorn on a different night than Kyle, and with the same rules.

Archived