Texas Thunder Speedway 2007 schedule

Tentative 2007 Texas Thunder Speedway Racing schedule released!

For immediate release

Contact Pat Wilson 254-290-6262

pwilson1@hot.rr.com

http://www.texasthunder.com

By Bill “Sarge” Masom

Killeen, Tx

The 2006 racing season was fantastic, and the future is looking brighter than ever. Pat Wilson, Promoter of Texas Thunder Speedway, has released the Tentative 2007 Schedule of events for the 1/4 mile high banked track. “We will be starting earlier this year”, said Pat Wilson, “and we will be taking the week of the I. M. C. A. Super Nationals off”. “Other than that, it will be pretty much business as usual.”

The season will see six classes of cars race on a regular basis, plus some exiting special shows sprinkled through the calender year. The six classes of cars to compete weekly are the Dodge Country I. M. C. A. Modifieds, Corbin & Associates I. M. C. A. Stock Cars, Hertz Rent A Car I. M. C. A. Southern SportMods, Street Stocks, Teen Mini Stocks, and the always exiting, low cost Budweiser Racing Texas Twisters.

Though the schedule does not include the Mini Stocks, or the Jr Mini Stocks, their place is being taken by the brand new Teen Mini Stocks. These cars will race under the same rules that the Mini and Jr Mini Stocks did, but the drivers will be age restricted to teenagers, 13 to 19 years old. And this class will be racing for an yet to be determined purse.

Some of the special events scheduled include two Demolition Derbies, June 16th and August 18th, some Powder Puff Derbies, and an all new Gauntlet Race, plus a couple of events that are still in negotiations. Back this year, will be the Willie Palmer Memorial Race, sponsored as always by Corbin & Associates, Attorney's at Law that will be ran on May 26th.

Also coming back this year is the Racing 101, a class taught by Pat Wilson, for the first time racer. Things that will be gone over during this time are things like technical inspections, where to line up before a race, what the flags mean, and a whole lot more. This class is a great way to be ready to race come opening night.

Things at the track get going on Saturday, Jan 20th, with a Hot Lap/Tech/Registration/ and Racing 101 season, from noon to 5:00 PM. That will be followed by three more such sessions, February 17th, March 3rd, and the last one, Thursday, March 8th from 4:30 pm till dark.

The first green flag will be on Saturday, March 10th, and every Saturday through the end of September, except for September 8th, when we will go dark in support of the I. M. C. A. Super Nationals in Boone, Iowa.

The Tentative 2007 Texas Thunder Speedway Schedule

Jan 20 Hot Laps/Tech/Registration/Racing 101 Noon to 5:00 pm

Feb 17 Hot Laps/Tech/Registration/Racing 101 Noon to 5:00 pm

Mar 3 Hot Laps/Tech/Registration/Racing 101 Noon to 5:00 pm

Mar 8 Hot Laps/Tech/Registration/Racing 101 4:30 pm to Dark

Mar 10 Opening Night, Draw/Redraw all classes

Mar 17 Regular Races

Mar 24 Regular Races

Mar 31 Regular Races

Apr 7 Regular Races plus Ace Hardware Kids Easter Egg Scramble

Apr 14 Regular Races

Apr 21 Regular Races plus Teen Mini Stocks King of the Hill

Apr 28 Regular Races plus Corbin & Associates I. M. C. A. Stock Car King of the Hill

May 5 Regular Races plus Gauntlet Race (stayed tuned for details)

May 12 Regular Races plus Mother's Day Celebration

May 19 Regular Races plus Street Stock King of the Hill

May 26 Willie Palmer Memorial Race (all classes)

Jun 2 Regular Races plus Kids Rides

Jun 9 Regular Races plus Dodge Country I. M. C. A. Modified King of the Hill

Jun 16 Mid Season Championships plus Demolition Derby One

Jun 23 Regular Races plus Teen Mini Stocks Powder Puff

Jun 30 Regular Races plus Budweiser Racing Texas Twister King of the Hill

Jul 7 Regular Races

Jul 14 Regular Races plus Kids Rides

Jul 21 Regular Races plus Hertz Rent A Car I. M. C. A. Southern SportMods King of the Hill

Jul 28 Regular Races plus Payton's I. M. C. A. Stock and Street Stock Powder Puff

Aug 4 Regular Races plus Kids Silver Rush

Aug 11 Regular Races

Aug 18 Regular Races plus Demolition Derby Two

Aug 25 Regular Races

Sep 1 Regular Races

Sep 8 CLOSED IN SUPPORT OF THE I. M. C. A. SUPER NATIONALS

Sep 15 Regular Races

Sep 22 Regular Races

Sep 29 Final Points Night plus the Dodge Country I. M. C. A. Modified Race of Champions, and the Employee Budweiser Racing Texas Twister Race.

As always, please check the Web site at http://www.texasthunder.com for the most complete and up to date information.

Gates open at 6:00 PM and racing starts at 8:00 PM. Tickets are $10 for Adults, $3 for kids 6-12 and kids under 6 are free. Season passes are available as well.

New for fans this year is the ability to purchase their tickets online with a credit card. Just go to the Texas Thunder Speedway web site, and click on the “Buy and Print Tickets” button. Also you can use your Visa or Master Card in the tracks souvenir and concession stands.

For all track information, weather, directions, and to purchase your tickets, go to http://www.texasthunder.com.

Texas Thunder Speedway is a 1/4 mile semi-banked oval dirt track. Races Every Saturday Night March through September! With Six SUPER EXCITING classes of cars to entertain the entire family.

Featured classes include; Dodge Country IMCA Modifieds, Corbin & Associates, Attys IMCA Stock Cars, Hertz IMCA SportMods, Street Stocks, Teen Mini Stocks, & Budweiser Racing Texas Twisters. Special Events designed especially for the kids as well as Powder Puff Races, and our all time crowd pleaser, the Demolition Derby.

Come join the fun, at Texas Thunder Speedway! We will sell you the whole seat, but you will only need the edge!

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Texas Thunder Speedway PR/Media

Archived