Kruger grabs Rookie of Year, runnerup champ awards in Legacys

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

November 15, 2006

Jake Kruger grabs Rookie of Year, runnerup champ awards in Legacys

BASTROP, TX (11.8.06) – Jake Kruger enjoyed his first-ever season in the Lonestar Legacys in which he reaped the Rookie of the Year award as well as finishing runnerup to series champion Dillon Spreen.

Kruger, who finished fifth in the season-ending Legacys feature race Oct. 28 at Thunder Hill Raceway, got the chance to meet up with NASCAR driver Scott Wimmer last weekend at Texas Motor Speedway.

“Jake really enjoyed meeting Scott Wimmer,” said Kruger Motorsports co-owner Deb Kruger, who is also Jake’s mom. “Scott answered some very informative questions on what direction for Jake to take in his racing career. Jake was very excited about meeting a current NASCAR driver; he enjoyed learning about Scott’s career and the direction he took it.”

Jake Kruger, whose own career is expected to take a repeat trip through the Lonestar Legacys series next season, reached expectations for 2006. “I reached my goals of winning Rookie of the Year award and winning one race this season,” said the 13-year-old Bastrop resident. “I liked it a lot. I never expected to finish that high in the points. We hoped for a win but didn’t really expect to be involved in the points chase this season.”

Kruger added, “Next year we hope for some more wins and chasing for the points championship.”

Deb Kruger saw her son grow in more ways than one – especially when it came to communicating with his father/crew chief, Bill Kruger. “I saw where he could really relate to Bill with the setup of the car,” Mrs. Kruger declared. “He and Bill worked very well they molded on their communication. They worked together on the car in the garage and that helped the communication process as well as helping Jake learn about the car.”

She added, “The competition got tougher as the season went on it made it harder but we learned a lot about that season, too, it was exciting but it became nerve-wrecking when we realized we were in the points chase.”

Jake admits he’s had a lot of help in his successful season. “Thanks to my sponsors - John Martin, Austin V-Dub, Kool Carts of Texas, Capitel Communications Sikkens Paint, and Mom and Dad, owners of Kruger Motorsports.- I couldn’t have done it without them. My parents stepped up for me this year; I couldn’t have accomplished what I did without their support.”

The Krugers are exploring the possibilities of a web site – jakekruger.com – for next season.

- 30 -

way to go buddy...............you and your family are class to the fullest.

the future is very bright , keep it up.

Archived