South Texas Speedway

hray

Just a question....not meant to stir up trouble. Several people have asked this same question. Maybe Owen can post. Last Saturday nite the super stocks were joined by a Late Model out of Dallas. He added the extra weight and put on a 2brl from what I was told, but still won the race leading flag to flag. Since when is a 3100 lb late model equal to Super Stocks? Is this type of car going to be allowed next year?

He ran with the super stocks. This race had special rules to allow out of town "supers" to come race.

Rules were:

Open Motors with 500 cfm 2bbl Holly

3100 LBS Weight

Any 10" Tire

Alcohol Legal

He just exploited the rules the best. Next year I am sure Owen will probably add "stock front clip" to the rules.

HRAY, I am not sure where you got your information because I did not see you there but that car had more of a stock frame than most cars there. The front clip was definetly stock and when I looked at it the frame went all the way to just before the rearend. It had a 3 link rear suspension with a wicked bar, nothing illegal about it. I think whomever you have talked to should realize that the Late Model style body was only skin deep. The 28 car that runs every week and ran in that race has a z link rear suspension that is really well done, how come no one is saying anything about it, it is way more exotic and like a late model, I guess he did not win so it did not matter. Nothing against the 28 and per the rules his is perfectly fine as well. Anyway I am not sure what the problem was but if the 84 gave the 174 all he could handle until blowing out the right rear.

Hope this helps your issues.

Owen Pittman

361-548-0669

Call me with any questions, more than happy to help.

Owen,

Thanks for the clarification. I was there and went to see the car after the race, but it was loaded and lots of people around so I couldn't get to see the chassis. The 84 mounted one heck of a challenge, but obviously burnt his right rear off trying. I did not base my assumption that it was a late model on the body, I based it on the amount of rear steer the car had (way more than any 3 link I have ever seen) and the wide 5 hubs and what looked and sounded like a Q/C rearend - all signatures of a Late Model.

If that was a limited late or super stock, I think the South Texas hot shoes better step it up a notch.

By the way, I don't have issues. As I said in my original post, I wanted some clarification.

And for the record, You put on a great show. It was run very smoothly with few delays, and the racing was some of the closest and best I've seen in a while. I only hope the Mods and Sport Mods can do as good.

Rusty

Archived