CALLING ALL DRIVERS

ccworks

To all of you that race at CCSPEEDWAY keep an eye on the website a drivers meeting is coming real soon!Dan said the date will be posted soon on CCSPEEDWAY.BIZ Its time to get those cars ready for the 2007 but need to get the drivers ready first!!Even though it was a short 2006 season,it was fun.

This is great news.If anyones intrested,a CC asphalt car won the Championship race on the dirt track last week.It goes to show CC Thunder cars can race with anybody.I hope theres not another all night rules meeting,they give me a headache.Just post the rules as you want them and double the purse :lol:

Hey CRT I would laugh but I know your not joking.Mike,after the thrill of just being at a race wears off you start to look at rewards.Just watch what happens when STS hosts the Turkey race and RGS has the nationals.There will be hundreds of cars.The lure of money is what really makes a racer do what he does.Like the knights of olden days we bring our cars to do battle for the ultimate victory.We cant kill each other so taking home the top prize is the best it gets.No different than a Rodeo cowboy,a professional fighter or any other serious competetor.As 4 cyl racers we seldon get a chance to race for more than peanuts.So i look for the biggest bag I might get.I thought thats what its supposed to be.I know at CC Speedway the car count was the highest when they put up 300$ for over 20 cars.Is money not a motivator for you? G.B.

:D By the way Steven,if they did adapt your rules I would build a RWD car again.Maybe a Karman Ghia :lol:

yes i read you gb .thats true when the thrill of just being there is gone. the money does help . i know as i get older it gets tougher to want to put in the time and effort .and money just to go have fun like raceing does .and when you spend 100 150 200 300 dollars to go race and win maybe a third of that back . not much thrill left .i used to tell poeple when they would ask why do you spend money on raceing it cost to much . i told them nightclubs cost more money and you dont get any of that back from the bar tender .raceing you can atliest if you finished top three you could go race next week . now the bar is starting to look alot cheaper . not that i would go back to that .so i guess what im saying is im starting to slowly get out of raceing .its getting to exspensive and fixing the cars is starting to feel like a job .when you start asking yourself why do you do this .the answer isnt to far away .but for right this moment i still love to compete in some sort of fashion .so untill its gone .ill be there . and gb you know what im saying . not much different than an old broken down man who refuses to believe he cant do it anymore .

:D GB and Oldtimer,

The way this car revitalization is going now a days, there aren't going to be many rear wheel drive cars left and we might be forced into NEONS, or cars of that type. It's getting harder and harder just to find parts for these Camero's that we run in the Super Street class.

Somethings got to give and the car industry is slowly going back to some rear wheel drives. Dodge Charger for example, awesome ride and they've added a police package to it. Police Departments are stuck using the Ford Crown Victorias because there isn't many other choices. Ever try to chase down a criminal in a front wheel drive, you turn into a turn and the car keeps going straight. Will, GB, Rick and all you other guys know the pain of trying to keep a front wheel drive going the way you want it.

Our days of the old rear wheel drives are gone but may re-surge. See ya'll around April of next year if we don't get extended again. :D

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (IRAQ) :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

desert havent heard from you sence the 17 .how you men doing .anyone heard from him .

saw dennis the other day enjoying himself in an unnamed country in the middle east. I'm leaving in a few days I hope.

thanks

:huh: Thanks Clare for diming me out j/k :huh: , it was good to talk to you for the short bit of time. It was a short break for me and we head back north again shortly.

:D Oldtimer, Will, and Rick. Check you PM, I sent you a little something to cheer up the season. :D

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (IRAQ) :ph34r:

Archived