Chassis set -up ?!

ACE44

ACE-

The most successful method is probably to take Nick's seminar this winter, then hire him to come to the track with you a couple of times next season and demostrate how to do it, then re-take the seminar after next season.

Odds are it will make a whole lot more sense to you the second time around after you've worked on the car all season. (Several people have told me that was true for them.)

It's a lot more complicated than it seems; if it wasn't, NASCAR crew chiefs wouldn't be making the big bucks.

I looked at one just for grins last year. It was well over a grand to attend and included some software, but it was not available in this area.

Nick's seminar is be best value going anywhere around here, especially if you haven't been to a seminar before.

When the PRI (Performance Racing Industry) show was in Indianapolis, Freddy Query used to give a good seminar. I don't see that he's on the PRI schedule yet.

There are some other seminars with the mid-December Orlando PRI show this year.

www.performanceracing.com

MoTec also puts on a very-technical seminar.

http://www.motec.com/semnars/testimonials.htm

.... then why did I get demoted back to "tire-man" from the crew-chief role after Brandon's July 21 Snowball Blizzard race at Pensacola (finished tenth), and a poor qualifying effort the following night in Mobile (before the rainout).

They want Bobby Black back as crewchief. Bobby's got all that dirt-car experience to help us think "outside-the-box" on our asphalt setups.

Larry Bendale,but then again he wont tell you his set up.keeps that all to himself!so go with MR.NICK,unless he starts working on a team car again.frank t.

Maybe you're not asking right. :D He's always been forthcoming when I asked for help.

Thanks Larry.

Pacecar, maybe they couldn't afford your crew chief salary. ;):lol:

.... then why did I get demoted back to "tire-man" from the crew-chief role after Brandon's July 21 Snowball Blizzard race at Pensacola (finished tenth), and a poor qualifying effort the following night in Mobile (before the rainout).

They want Bobby Black back as crewchief. Bobby's got all that dirt-car experience to help us think "outside-the-box" on our asphalt setups.

You're too old to be changing tires, Larry... LOL

For those of us who are interesting in suspension stuff, whenever you see LM23 posting on racing boards, you are reading Larry Bendele's contributions. He has a great following and lots of people seek his advice. It's rare to find someone with Larry's physics and math background, years of winning experience and a willingness to share some of what he knows with others.

Nick

Archived