Oktober"FAST" coming soon

Rick Day

Dont forget about Oktoberfast quickly approching on the 6th & 7th.

All the general information regarding parking, schedule and special rules can be located at www. SanAntonioSpeedway.com.

Just scroll down the left hand column and click on the tab for Drivers Area, All the links are there.

If you have any question please contact me at the Speedway office at 210-628-1499 or my cell phone at 210-827-4524.

Dont forget about the 10th annual Oktober fast and a full day of racing action.

Rick, I'm sure you are familiar with this! At other special events for their main event, which I think is the Super Late Model race, they have sponsorship money for lap counts. That money is awarded to the leader's of each lap during the race. Not sure what is a good price to charge per lap, but if it were $20, you are looking at $3,000 for a 150 laps. If a driver leads 15 laps during the race, he just earned $300 or leads 70, he earns $1,400 and add to the money he collects from the regular purse. Maybe spread $1,000 of that money throughout the field and go figure the math. A sponsor can buy 5 laps for $100, all we need is for the sponsors to cooperate and it will be a success, if you come up short and not get all the laps sponsored, lets say like 50, TD can just pull a quick $1,000 out of his back pocket, lol. Not sure in what way that sponsor will be presented to the crowd, maybe a certain size banner. We can have it for any of the classes racing and it can attract more interest to the drivers and maybe have bigger car counts.

Archived