A fresh pretty face

osbornefan04

Mary Ann, I personaly want to say, all but one night we have enjoyed racing with the TSRS. Jack is very fair, you do a really good job, and If anybody has paid attention, most night's we have a pretty darn good car count. More than the other series. That has to speak in volume's

KEEP IT UP, and you might see 22-25 cars at each venue.

JUST LIKE IN THE OLD DAY'S. JMO

gundog i would like to see that but i would love to see 30 to 35 cars trying to make a 28 car field make it a race have chancies or hooligans races whatever you want to call them but asphault racing is dieing in tx and racers wouldnt mind losing money if they knew for a fact that the promoters cared about them ...................... and yes i know that they do but a phone call sure would make you feel good wouldnt it then all these cars that are just sitting would start running you know just show a little affection and care make it personall again you would see lots more people in attendance weather it be in the pits or in the stands it is all about customer relations good customer relations = repeat business look at it this way if you go to a gas station and the clerk is rude are you goin back doubt it it is bad enough you have to pay high prices but then be treated like dirt you would rather walk am i correct..................... and yes mary ann is doing a damn good job with the series maybe you should have read my entire post instead of just skimming because i did compliment her on her managing skills i just feel a more personall track is better than a political track and i am sure just about everyone out here reading this junk feels the same way and if i am wrong hell hang me wouldnt be the first time but i love asphault racing and i want to see it grow back to what it used to be well i think this covers my ramblings for atleast a week so i am gonna go now

Stan,

I got a little story for you about "The Racing Family". Last weekend I went out to the River City Quarter midgets track to enjoy some kids racing and at really good family experience.

The president of the club was in a pinch because his flag man was not able to make it…. And he asked if I knew anyone… Told him I have held a flag a time or 2 and was more than willing to help up…

Just needed info on any special procedures they had…

Net of the story… I spent from 11am - 6:30 pm in the flag stand… for the kids… I had parents that I had never met coming up to me and saying thank you and a job well done…. Even got phone calls and emails on Sunday….

As well as a invite to come back and flag anytime I was able….

Net Net… I know that you have spoke up about the track making you feel appreciated… well we need to make the track feel appreciated too…

Mary Ann, Brian, H, Terry B., Kathy, Jack, Richard, Rabbit, David, Eric, Randy, and so many others… Put there all in every Saturday, and many times more than Saturday to give us racers a playground to play on..

Lets not forget that the request goes both ways….. Take it from someone that has been on both sides of the fence… sometime there is just no appreciation for the other…

Aaron Brungot

JRA Kids Club Founder 2004 to present

THR Hobby Stock Driver 2005 to present

THR Infield Official 2004-2005

Loyal race fan for LIFE!!!

Nick/Debbie.. Think this topic deserves a new thread…

At this time, I just say, I just put my best freind to sleep. Ms M was like no other dog you have ever met. She was only 5yrs old, a very smart, loving, NEAT, my buddy. Everybody that has met her can tell you, ONE OF A KIND. I'm thinking, hug your pets, family, freind's, and everybody you know......racing right now????? it will survive...I promise you! Thank's to people like Mary Ann !

REST IN PEACE M....Daddy is going to miss you :(

Aaron you have alway's been kid motivated...KEEP IT UP BUDDY.....and as you well know I will be there for if you need me!

Stan, if I were to address all of your concerns and opinions (which we all have when it comes to anything, this is just human nature and what threads on websites are for, venting) the only thing I would like to say and then I must leave this thread alone, because there is not enough hours in a day to address each post and continue to try to put the remaining scheduled events together so, that we can all go racing.

I think anyone that can honestly say I do not care about the racers, is sadly mistaken! This has always been one of my main concerns, although sometimes a little overwhelming, particularly with taking on a race track.

Stan, what if after every race you raced in, you needed to call every driver that was there that night, or not there, where would you get the time to work and prepare for your next race? I answer email, after email, phone call after phone call and on any given night of this season, as with most track owners, race directors and officials, I have been cussed out, at times threatend, critiqued and thanked by many, this is part of a race night and then, I try to move on to prepare for the next event. When a driver, crew member or family member does this, it is quite a set back, although I have always said, it is the adrenaline and 99% of the time, I get an apology, which I except and move on, this is part of the territory. Sometimes, I say to myself, why do I do what I do, am I crazy or what!?! LOL. Then, I have those that smile, give me hug, shack my hand, thank me and the entire staff or tell me a touching story that has made a difference in their life and I smile and say, now that's why I do what I do! Was there some really good input in this thread, absolutely, I always try to learn from everything I do. Was there some venting from personal feelings from particular race nights being carried on, absolutely. Venting and talking things out are great, just in my opinion not productive on an open thread. Back in the "good old Longhorn days", after a race weekend, we would all meet for coffee, did our venting, moved on through the week, heard some gossip and showed back up to race, now, with the computer age, we get to read everyone's, including mine, thoughts over and over and it no longer is gossip! LOL!

Sincerely & respectfully,

Mary Ann Naumann

GUNDOG33, I wish I had read your post before I wrote mine! That certainly puts things in prospective, I am so sorry for your loss, we had to do the same thing just a couple of months ago with our "Lexie", never seen my husband cry, so we feel your pain. Our thoughts are with you! Thank you for being a part of this crazy racing addiction!

you no mary ann i feel the same way i dont have alot of money and such but i put all i could into my ss to come out and support car count i didnt drive anybody dirty but was accused of mirror driving" let me let you in on a secret I DONT HAVE A MIRROR" then you said i could hear him .............. wrong again and was told i needed to quiet my car after it was passed by tech hell i can sometimes hear one or two cars over my own i dont recall those cars being told to quiet there cars down you no mary ann i have known you all my life and i am not trying to bash you hell you are almost like family to me but you have forgotten about the little mans input even if you have the big money racers out there the little man cant even get in the stands and i am not trying to tell you how to run your track or series just that everyone has opinions on the rules and you should atleast hear them out hell have a rules meeting like we had so many times for longhorn that is what was strived for was the little man if you didnt make a race they were on the phone calling you wanting to know why not they listened to everyones input they made rules to fit pockets of small amounts of cash they just had it all and had a hell of a car count 90% of the time till kyle opened i cant remember one time that the hobbys didnt have atleast 2 heats and the streets 3 or 4 and sometimes chancy races but you know that ........ you were the track champion a hell of a person and a wonderfull lady now you just dont even listen  anymore........ ..........................again not intended as a bash just a reality check or whatever i love watching the tsrs and would love to drive it someday you are doing a hell of a job with it and i hope it continues to grow back to strength like past years but try this sit down this week or next or even next month and call every driver that is registered at thr ask them how they liked the season aske them  geez anything just let them know you care and your car count will grow tremendously next year and doing a post isnt quite personal enough like if you have a problem with this post i would hope you called me and i we talk about it might be arguing but atleast you care enough to call and argue just try it any ways i though this thread was about rumors???????????? lol

well said for all tracks and drivers .

Only you could understand what Stan wrote oldtimer! :D

I read it 3 times and still can't figure out what he said.

Stan, if I were to address all of your concerns and opinions (which we all have when it comes to anything, this is just human nature and what threads on websites are for, venting) the only thing I would like to say and then I must leave this thread alone, because there is not enough hours in a day to address each post and continue to try to put the remaining scheduled events together so, that we can all go racing.

I think anyone that can honestly say I do not care about the racers, is sadly mistaken! This has always been one of my main concerns, although sometimes a little overwhelming, particularly with taking on a race track.

Stan, what if after every race you raced in, you needed to call every driver that was there that night, or not there, where would you get the time to work and prepare for your next race? I answer email, after email, phone call after phone call and on any given night of this season, as with most track owners, race directors and officials, I have been cussed out, at times threatend, critiqued and thanked by many, this is part of a race night and then, I try to move on to prepare for the next event. When a driver, crew member or family member does this, it is quite a set back, although I have always said, it is the adrenaline and 99% of the time, I get an apology, which I except and move on, this is part of the territory. Sometimes, I say to myself, why do I do what I do, am I crazy or what!?! LOL. Then, I have those that smile, give me hug, shack my hand, thank me and the entire staff or tell me a touching story that has made a difference in their life and I smile and say, now that's why I do what I do! Was there some really good input in this thread, absolutely, I always try to learn from everything I do. Was there some venting from personal feelings from particular race nights being carried on, absolutely. Venting and talking things out are great, just in my opinion not productive on an open thread. Back in the "good old Longhorn days", after a race weekend, we would all meet for coffee, did our venting, moved on through the week, heard some gossip and showed back up to race, now, with the computer age, we get to read everyone's, including mine, thoughts over and over and it no longer is gossip! LOL!

Sincerely & respectfully,

Mary Ann Naumann

Mary Ann, please just keep on keepin' on.

Most of us appreciate what you, Brian, and everyone else at THR are doing so we can get our fix.

Mary Ann, Thanks, I just went outside, came back in, coulda have sworn,,,where is she..I'm going to say this, and If anybody think's I'm wrong...keep it to your self..PLEASE !....Every series, every promoter, everyone in racing......If you think you have been wrong'ed.....bet you have been right'ed as well....get over it move on...we did..and look.....we won a race!!!!. TSRS......Wave of the future.....WANT TO JOIN US!!!!

Marry Ann.I dont cry either........but you should have seen the rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you sister, for being there...my wife is going to be a wreck for next couple of day's..

Rusty,,need a decal( miss you miss m)..yellow, thanks

Gunnar and Donna, We are so sorry for your loss. I lost Lucy the same way and it was hard and Larry and I both cried. Now we have Harley and he is Larry's constant companion. He is like our child. Our prayers are with you both. Love ya lots

MaryAnn:

I can't say enough about you and H. You two are such fabulous people. Your family, friends and fellow racers and business associates are there for you and will always be there to lend a hand. There are times when we all get upset, but life goes on and we all make mistakes but we should all learn from them and pray to God we live in a world we can have the freedom we have to enjoy our lives, raise our kids, love our neighbors, and fellow man and pray to God we will be able to survive this crazy world. We have to stand firm together to make it work and I know from past experience that the racing family is the best of all. You all have been there for my family more times than I can count. I cannot even begin to thank everyone for their support and love.

I know Ricky would say the same. I miss him dearly. He loved racing and life.

Anyway God Bless everyone and Thanks for letting me give my 2 cents worth.

Love Joyce Walton

I didnt get to run TWS because of a blown motor but I went to help out my teammate. I got the TSRS fequency put in my scanner and listened to everything Mary Ann, H and the rest of the officials where saying.... H really took care of his spotters with water, wet towels, etc. Mary Ann was on top of getting the drivers wet towels before the race(drivers in cars on the grid for 20 minutes) and there was alot more going on as well. BUT the best part of listening was after the race when Mary Ann talked about the drivers (ON THE SCANNER). She kept saying "these are the best drivers, I love these drivers, wow they put on a great show, I'm so proud of my drivers". There was alot more but it was all about the drivers and her officials and how much she truly felt about them. That really showed me how Mary Ann feels about the series.... There may be things that can be improved for the series and thr but I can honestly tell you after listening to her on the scanner for a few hours throughout the day, she truly puts all her heart and soul into..... Thank you, for your love of racin.....

GD33, we all miss lil M... I told the girls and Baylee asked "Is there a doggy heaven" I said yes. Then she said " I know what lil m's doin" I asked what, she said "runnin up and down the stairs silly"......

Shane

How bout you just shut all the tracks down and then you wont have anything to bitch about anymore.

are you naked matt?

Wow I'm away from the computer for a week and all this action.I didn't think anyone read this stuff.

Mary Ann what you have done for racing goes without saying everyone knows that and if they don't they have not been around racing very long. The point I have been trying to make is!!!! If you have such a great car count,which TSRS did, then why change the rules for so few cars?

This years rule changes are what DROVE me away from TSRS,and made us sell our car and alot of equipment. Why should the majority change so the few can race? Let the MINORITY change and race if they wish to do so.

As far as meeting and talking about what went on or what needs to be changed, that is something TSRS will have to deal with. I have tried to link the bridge between Driver, Race Team, Sponsor, AND Track Owner but none of the parties wanted it just Me. I saw this coming several years ago.

You know racers if you give them an egde they will push it.

What happens to the gap between the regular racers and the CREAM OF THE CROP? When you ask the CREAM what they want, but don't ask the Crop what they want?

The Gap widens and makes for bad racing.

Why is it when someone has critisim for TSRS it is ALWAYS personal and can't be look at and learned from?

The 12 car will be at THR and maybe even SAS for a race even though I know it will not be the car to beat. That is how I support racing, because I do not have deep pockets to help everyone or I would.

If anyone wants to call my work # is 326-9968 and my cell # is on my signature and call my cell between 5:30 to 6:00 that is when I start my drive from Ben White and Congress to my house in Round Rock.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived