SAS announces change in Oktober’FAST’ Schedule

For Immediate Release

San Antonio Speedway Vice President & Asst. Gen. Mgr.

(210) 648-7373 (office); (210) 685-0400 (cell)

debwill@sanantoniospeedway.com

San Antonio Speedway announces change in Oktober’FAST’ Schedule

San Antonio, TX (September 13, 2006) – San Antonio Speedway announced today that the race format for the 10th Annual Oktober’FAST’ will be changed to make it possible for more competitors to join the racing action. All of the Oktober’FAST’ stock car races will be held on Saturday, October 7, 2006, instead of Friday and Saturday as previously announced.

The San Antonio Speedway (SAS) local classes (Late Model, Sportsman, Road Runner and Grand Stock) that were originally scheduled for Friday will be part of the Oktober’FAST’ action on Saturday.

An open practice session will be held on Friday night, October 6, from 4:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. The pit gate will open for admission at 3:00 p.m., and the cost for entering the pits is $30 per person. Grandstand admission is free.

Starting with the practice session on Friday, pit parking spots will be assigned by division on a first-come, first-served basis. No parking spots will be saved, so teams wishing to park together will need to arrive together.

The full slate for Saturday’s races include the USRA Super Late Models, USRA Modifieds, USRA Trucks, SAS Late Models, SAS Sportsman, SAS Road Runners, SAS Grand Stocks and the Texas Pro Sedans. Each class or series will run one feature race (number of laps still to be determined). Drivers with the San Antonio Speedway local classes will not be required to pay an entry fee, and a NASCAR license will not be required.

The cost for a pit pass for Saturday’s race is $30. A two-day pit pass for both Friday and Saturday may be purchased for $55.

Additional details on the Oktober’FAST’ race – including schedules, rules, purses, etc., will be posted later today under the Driver’s Area on the San Antonio Speedway website.

“We hope this change will attract more drivers and fans to this big annual event,” said Rick Day, San Antonio Speedway President and General Manager. “We realize that most of our drivers work on Friday, and we know it’s difficult to schedule time off to enter our Oktober’FAST’ race. Hopefully, this change will also make the races more exciting for our fans.”

San Antonio Speedway is the only NASCAR sanctioned short-track in the state of Texas. It is located 3.5 miles south of Loop 410 on State Highway 16 South towards Poteet, near the new Toyota facility.

Grandstand admission for the October 7 race is $20 for adults, $10 for Senior/Military with ID, $5 for children 7-12. Children 6 and under are free.

For more information about San Antonio Speedway, call Rick Day at 210-827-4524 or call the SAS race hotline at 210-628-1499. The San Antonio Speedway website address is http://sanantoniospeedway.com. Information on USRA may be found at http://usraspeed.com, and information on the Texas Pro Sedans may be found at http://texasprosedans.com.

-30-

May i suggest a 75 lapper for the trucks. maybe, hopefully.

75 laps for the sportsman , there will be of them than of trucks :D

Aaron,

The Road Runner rules are coming up when I click on the link, and the coding looks right. Can someone else check, please, to see if you're having a problem bringing up the Road Runner rules. I might have some sort of cookie that's making them appear.

Thanks

Sorry cookies and all that are correct.. one possible issue is you have spaces in the name of the file... Best HTML practice is not to have space... They give you that "%20" in the web address... this could be the disconnect...

Also it is possible the permissions are not correct.. if Debbie and Nick can see them its most likely because they have different permissions than Myself/mona/Chase...

The sportsman file pulls fine..

I made some changes on the Oktober'FAST' files - renamed them without spaces (learned something new, Aaron), removed any logos or pictures and lowered the resolution (thanks, Larry) on the document properties. They should come up faster now. It's weird because I'm hearing that most folks aren't having any trouble . . . makes me think some of the problems had something to do with the file sizes. The links aren't "pop-ups," so I don't think that's the problem.

Please let me know if you're still having problems. Thanks.

To begin with , im am not bashing the track or anyone at the track,so take that into consideration Nick. I'd like to just state my opnion here and see what others think, this is also for you Rick.

The sportsman races at SAS has been the most competetive and best racing all year long. Every driver and team has worked thier butts of all year racing for points and now its time for OCTOBERFAST, where for a lot of us racing gets fun agian because there are no points involved. its also been a bigger payoff race(only not as big this year), but its also been about pride and bragging rights for a year.Octoberfast has also been somewhat of an endurance race for the sportsman cars and thats what has made it fun , who can take care of thier equipment. So my problem with it this year is this , Why cut the race to 35 laps on some of the best racing at SAS, we have always in the past ran 50 laps. i understand that its going to be tough to get all the racing in one day but i just dont see the reasoning to cut the best race in town.

Okay, guys and gals . . . I appreciate your patience!

I talked with our website administrator, and it looks like my file names may have been the problem. It looks like the quotes around Oktober'FAST' may have caused a problem with the different versions of Adobe.

Try it again, please. And, thanks Kevin, for helping me find the solution (I hope).

I agree with Keith. The sportsman cars have put on the best racing by far all year long. I dont agree with cutting the amount of laps we get to run. I just dont think it makes sense to take away from the guys who, like Keith said, have put on the best racing every week all year. Not knocking any other classes or the drivers in those classes, but I believe the Sportsman guys deserve to get to run 50 laps, especially when there will be 20+ cars showing up at Octoberfast. Just my opinion.

We are trying to fit a lot of racing into one evening, so that's why some of the lap counts may be less than in the past.

I just talked with Rick regarding your comments about the Sportsman race. We agree that the Sportsman car counts have been getting better all year, and the racing action has been very close. We've had lots of different winners, and the points' race is tight going into the last race of the season.

We will consider increasing the number of laps on the day of the Oktober'FAST' event if the car count justifies it (20 or more cars).

Archived