Nationals RGS Limited modified Purse

jbjr

The December race is only for the Mods and Limiteds, as Reb stated. The Limited purse has been increased to $200 to start.

I know that Johnny is kicking around the idea of having a big race for the hobby/street stocks ( would be pretty much your pure stock and pro stock, I think). It would really help if we could get any idea how many cars would show. We have been hoping that some of you would come down on the few off weekends that you've had.

It would help if you would call Johnny or send me emails at to how many cars we could expect.

my email is:

mike@pueblotires.com

but you have to wonder about the limited rules.i called Johnny about the piston and rod rules in this class.he says that in his 18t years of working on cars forged and cast make no difference.WRONG!,you cant turn the rpm on a cast piston like that of a forged.then since he does not care about the weight of the pistons its really open.and a six inch rod compared to the stock five.seven can really wake that puppy up to take the rpm.i know last year there were more stroke motors there in this class then legal motors.thought maybe after they say how many limiteds were in this area it might be done by the book.its more like an unlimited at this race.i dont understand why Johnny says he does not want get into opening up the engines for the one weekend show,its a special big money race,and if you are legal,you want the guy or gal your racing against to be in the same page.frankt.

The only thing that you can run forged is the piston. There are only two forged pistons you can use, I dont know the numbers right now. For rods, you have to use STOCK rods, Johnny never said anythng about running forged rods. And for making more power with forged rods, if there is any gain it is at a minimum. Yes the take more RPM but then your limited back to the rod. Johnny will be opening up motors this year and will be teching the motors EVERY night.

Archived