Stupid Question

kn1ghtblade

The best answer to your question is no>>>>> Find what you and your car will do before you have someone in your ear

It would probably be beneficial to get an ear piece and a scanner. Might help with wrecks and such.

I just wasnt sure if they used them in Road Runner... The thing I would want one for is so I can know where wrecks are ahead of me....

Your eyes will be your best tool for that. It seems like the hardest thing for new drivers to learn is the ability to look well ahead of where they are. Some new drivers have a tendency to look not much beyond the end of their hood. If you can get past that quickly, you'll be OK in terms of avoiding wrecks in front of you, especially at a track as large as SAS.

Knight,

As a minimum I would go with the scanner and ear piece. Less than $100.00 and it will save you much more than that. Especially since newer drivers get tunnel vision (your fellow competitors) will often miss the caution lights because they are focused soley on what's in front of them, and that leads to bent sheet metal every time.

Just as an aside, don't blame new racers for focusing their attention right in front of the car. Most drivers on the street do that, rather than looking further up the road so they can see what's going to happen and avoid it.

Good luck on the track, kn1ghtblade; and remember, you'll still be safer there than driving back and forth to work.

Never had a radio, in fact I never had a crew member to be on the other end of the radio. I don't think I was ever in a wreck that a radio would have kept me out of. The only time I wish I had a spotter is when I'm making a pass and could have gotten back up the track a little quicker but wasn't positive I was clear.

the best radio out there is your eyes .they should be sCANNING ALL AROUND . DONT LOOK AT THE BUMPER IN FRONT OF YOU .YOU KNOW WHERE HE IS .WHATS IN FRONT OF HIM THATS WHAT YOU LOOK AT .I WOULD LOOK OUT AS FAR AS I COULD .I COULD SEE A WRECK BEFORE IT HAPPEND .DO YOUR BEST TO PLAN AN EXSCAPE ROULT .I DID AND THAT WORKED OUT ALOT .I SEE TO MANY CARS TORE UP CUZ THE DRIVER ONLY LOOKS AT THE CAR IN FRONT ..AND YOU DONT WANT THE MAN ON THE OTHER END TO DRIVE THE CAR FOR YOU .

Just out of curiousity on practice nights when your running I am asuming your not out there alone on the track are you??? Or does that mainly depend on if others are trying to practice... I have never gotten to the track early enough to watch practice so I am not sure how that goes...

I guess I just need to go earlier... LoL

the best radio out there is your eyes

I'm going to my optometrist to see if I can get FM in the right eye and AM in the left... LOL

Nick

i figured someone would make a remark aboult that didnt figure you tho . :lol: get fm only .and cd player for your .mouth .speakers for your ears .no need for a 1000 w .amp for in your pants .just your five w should do if that is more than you have then you need some help .

last year I had two rookies driving my car one in roadrunner and one in wow I thought the radios would be a great aid the only thing that happened was my car moving the big heavy white tires at the back pit enterance three feet , and a very sore driver anything can happen spotter says low you are commited your am/fm sterio eyes cannot be beat wookie 81

Archived