Hello from Kuwait

Tim

Hello All,

I made it, 27 (flying hours) later I am here... safely! I am 9 hours ahead of you guys and needless to say, it is HOT!!! At 8:00 a.m., it was about 125, which is cooking and to make things worse is it 50% humidity. OUCH... Anyway, I made and will keep in touch. Take care,

Tim

Tim,

Thanks for checking in, dude! Glad you made it safely...we all wish you the best of luck (stay cool, too)...Please keep us up to date on your endeavors..

Tim,

Here is an idea you can propose over there,

build a couple of short tracks, asphalt and dirt (sand?) and get them to start racing.

That will get em to stop thinkin so much about terrorism. Shoot, maybe even get em into sand drags.

course, if they don't like the way the officials call a race, they may be a volotile. lol

Have to go through tech with bomb sniffing dogs lol

I don't think I would be an official.

Just an idea.

Good luck, and best wishes to one that is there from one that was there.

The Kuwaitis were very good to the U.S., and the troops respected that, but the Saudis were another story. I think those are the guys that are supposed to be on our side, and if it sounds sarcastic, I meant it that way.

We didn't show the Saudis or their culture the same amount of respect, which leads me to a camel story--I will not confirm or deny any involvement in this. The fastest I ever saw a camel run was just a few seconds after a flight medic spread ben-gay on a gloved fist, and then shoved it up the Camel's.....well, you know.....[derogatory word edited out by me before Nick could get to it.]

Thanks for all the replies guys/gals. Kuwait is better than most and I am not complaining by any means. Been here a few times, so no biggy.

I was thinking on the way back from the airport after seeing mass amounts of buses everywhere... A BOMBER BUS class! Wouldn't that be awesome?!?! :P The track would have to be a minumum of one mile so they could reach 30mph or so, but man would that a site. They race everyday, BOMBERS on the highways. Everyone always likes to pass on the dirt instead of the asphalt. hmmmmm....

Tim

Here are a few pics. The one of the building with the big hole in it is when the Gulf War started and the Iraqi's came over and took over Kuwait. Well, long story short, the French built those buildings for the Kuwaiti's aircraft and said they could withstand any bomb out there. The Iraqi's put there planes in them and we penetrated them and blew them up. Kinda funny...

post-2-1060663732_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
Tim

How you holding up? Give us an update. Is there anything you need? Let us know. Be safe. You might be back by now.

Last I heard, Tim was working on his extremely nice Mustang and lounging around some Florida Beach or other. Please note the dates on the earlier posts in this thread. Tim's been back in the good ole USA for several months.

Nick Holt

Thanks Nick! I was beggining to think maybe I was back in Kuwait/Iraq again. :D I have been back for a while, but my family and I will be packing up and moving to Germany in June for 4 years. We found out about 1 month ago or so. I didn't have any plans of going back overseas after spending 6 years in England, but the job (USAFE NOSC) and the location (Ramstein AFB, USAFE HQ) are one of the best and I couldn't pass it up. The last 3 1/2 years here in Florida have been awesome, and more than likely we will try and come back here after Germany, but that is still a long way away. Thanks for noticing though, PAPA. :)

Tim

As far as the Mustang goes, it has been finished for about 4 months. I just hit 700 miles of the new motor. It wouldn't be any fun if I couldn't show it off.

04-7.jpg

04-1.jpg

04-8.jpg

door1.jpg

04-11.jpg

fin3.jpg

engine6.JPG

Archived