octoberfast

j.j.&s.racing

Most of the Oktober'FAST' information was just posted on the San Antonio Speedway website under the "Driver's Area" tab. Here's the link:

Oktober'FAST' Information

We will continue to post additional information today, including the schedule and purses.

And, as you may have already seen, we made a change in the race format - practice on Friday (October 6) and feature races in all classes and divisions on Saturday (October 7). See announcement section of TSZ for the press release.

35 LAPS does seem a bit short for a big post season race, but with all the Races being on the one night I am sure they took into consideration the race times so they still arent racing well after midnight...

Me personaly if thats the case I wouldnt mind the races starting earlier and having more laps in every race that day... But thats just me... :lol:

To begin with , im am not bashing the track or anyone at the track,so take that into consideration Nick. I'd like to just state my opnion here and see what others think, this is also for you Rick.

The sportsman races at SAS has been the most competetive and best racing all year long. Every driver and team has worked thier butts of all year racing for points and now its time for OCTOBERFAST, where for a lot of us racing gets fun agian because there are no points involved. its also been a bigger payoff race(only not as big this year), but its also been about pride and bragging rights for a year.Octoberfast has also been somewhat of an endurance race for the sportsman cars and thats what has made it fun , who can take care of thier equipment. So my problem with it this year is this , Why cut the race to 35 laps on some of the best racing at SAS, we have always in the past ran 50 laps. i understand that its going to be tough to get all the racing in one day but i just dont see the reasoning to cut the best race in town.

I sure would like to see 50 laps.... All year long the sportsman have been the best racing at SAS, followed very close by the road runners.... I just think the late models have been kinda boring with 1 or 2 guys really racing and the others just out there running in circles.... Atleast in the sportsman any one of the guys on the track can win it and usually most of the field is up tight running for the lead... I think with octoberfast it could only be better with the out of town cars down here....

It makes no sense to me why its being cut to 50 laps. No we dont have $50,000 dollar racecars, no they might not look as good as the latemodels, but its been the best racing all year long at SAS and drawn the most cars out of any of the weekly classes. Now with out of town guys comin to run, I'd be willing to bet the Sportsman race will be the best race at Octoberfast, probly have the best car count out of all the classes, so why not let us run 50 laps.

Here's a response from Rick that's in another thread:

Ok Guys

I do have to agree with you that the Sportsman class has put on some of the best shows at SAS this year. Tell you what I will do, IF there is over 20 cars for the Sportsman race, we will consider running the 50 laps as per your request. We do appreciate every driver and class that has supported SAS this year and are looking forward to Oktoberfast.

Rick Day

We've decided to go ahead and change the Oktober'FAST' Sportsman race to 50 laps.

We've heard your suggestions, and we appreciate your efforts to increase the car count this year. Based on an expected field of 20 or more cars, we have just changed the Sportsman lap count on the posted schedule.

I can't wait to rub paint in SA. I look forward to this race all year and have all ready begun changing my car from STS specs to SAS specs. 50,100,200 laps I don't care I just want to race fast against the best..... Hows the track this year? fast? slick? would you tell me the truth? I'm so excited!!!!!!!How fast do the sportsmen run anyway? I was in the roadrunner race last year it was fast.

spedfrk

if i remember correctly last year most roadrunners were in the high 23 second range, i think one qualified at a 23 flat, the fastest sportsman car qualified 21.19 but most ran anywhere from 21.5 to 22.0 second range which is about what they raced at. so your looking at diff of about 7 to 10 mph average speed.

Archived