Another weight question

Truck99

All this talk about car weight sparked another question of mine. Last year and again this year the post season rules allow the SS/Sportsman cars to weigh 3200 rather than 3300. The SAS and THR cars both run at 3300 during the regular season. I think CC cars are 3250, but somebody please correct me if that's wrong.

What is the point of running the post season events lighter than the regular season? I'd like to hear some thoughts on this idea. The reasoning escapes me.

Nevermind....I looked at the latest set of rules again and noticed that the THR cars and SAS cars running the 500 carb are back at 3300. Oh well, thought it would be a good discussion, but guess not.. :lol:

The following still has one little typo, however:

Total weight after race will be a minimum of 3300 pounds

• Maximum 55% left side weight and minimum 1440 pounds right side weight

Should say minimum 1485 right side.

I hope the THR spectacular rules are the same. It just doesn't make sense to me to take weight off the cars for one race.

Oh yea something else....if ya wanna lose weight WORK ON YOUR RACECAR!!!

Ive lost 15 pounds since i bought the shitbox.

I think I lost at least 10 in Houston a few weeks back. Man, it was hot and humid that day.

...but that doesn't help the race car any since I don't drive it! :lol:

LoL thats why my Mom is happy my stepdad is helping me with my car.... LoL He has lost like 20lbs since we started and I have been working his ass off on my car... I like to get after it and go and we put 2 8 hour days into it last weekend... LoL Needless to say he was worn out from working on the car he didnt feel like going to work Tuesday... LoL LoL LoL

I should be there for sure. Don't know about dad. I have 970's sitting from last year that are still pretty good. Don't know whether to stick with them or try the American Racer. Never ran the American Racer. Obviously the slick would be better, but how much better I wonder. Just wonder whether I should fork over money for a set of the AR's vs having to buy 1 or 2 970's. What do you people think?

Archived