WHO IS THIS !

flyingaces

Check out the mcreary on the front and goodyear on the back.

those are recaps.

Actually, back in the mid to late 70's, a popular racing tire was a brand called "Track Tread", and they were recaps that came on several different cores, including McCreary, Goodyear, Firestone, and M&H Racemaster.

Lee Machen sold a mountain of then to area racers.

As for the pic of the #44, I recall that car, but I don't believe it is Terry.

If you look closely, you can see that it has the one piece fiberglass removeable hood and fender that was semi-popular back then, and I don't ever remember Terry's car with that particular body piece on it.

Also, the only year Terry drove Hwy 16 in his own car was 1977, and the car was Red and White. He drove one or two other races in Bierschwale's car after he started his Cup Career.

I don't think the top photo is of Terry Labonte.    :D  

not.jpg

Can't quite make out the name above the door, nice blow up though! Dang sure doesn't say Terry, I see 44 and first thing pops in my head in that neck of the woods is Texas Terry, plus he wore the beard and hair about then too. Beats me?

Someone who may have been from the old Dallas days may recognize this, my dad is 92 years old and brains foggy but he seems to think this picture is from Fair Park but it could be Love Speedway in 1929 my grandfather took the picture. My dad swears it's Cotton Grable, Gabby Hall and Tex West, I have a bunch of pictures compiled of the old time Texas racers. My Grandfather had a machine shop B&B Machine, at 5611 Yale Blvd in Dallas, over behind the Dr. Pepper plant. He did machine work for a lot of these old time racers. He sold the place in 1957 to one of his good customers, a local boy named Carroll Shelby and he started building race cars out of that shop. Don Coker owns the property now, Don is a old drag racer from Green Valley and Dallas International. He had the rail Coker and Crenshaw. The Crenshaw was Jimmy Crenshaw. They still run IHRA promods with Odie (Don's son) Coker driving. Coker Automotive Services is still there today, building has been completely renovated, but still it's hallowed ground. I grew up in that area as a kid. We lived over on Whiterock Lake. My Grandfather opened a nut bolt and screw plant Barnes Bolt and Screw over off of Indian trail. My dad raced cars and ran around Dallas. He met my mother at her family restaurant Campisi's there on Mockingbird on the opposite side of the Dr Pepper plant from where B&B was. My cousin Corky still runs the family restaurant. Pop still lives up in Dallas in the same house I grew up in, dragging his O2 bottle around. I have 10 Victory Lane Club season seats at TMS and I drag his old butt out to the track so he can get his fix. In the cooler months he still makes it out to watch the grandson run his mini sprint, when we run HOT, 281, GPS or D-Bowl. He doesn't like the longer hauls anymore. He does still drive though, amazes me sometimes.

post-30-1157581435_thumb.jpg

Archived