SAS Sportsman Post Season Rules Change

debwill

Tire Rule

• American Racer 8.0/27.0-15 or 970 8.0/26.5-15 Slick

• Hoosier 970 8.0/27.0-15 or 970 8.0/26.5-15

Thats all the tire rules says.. hummmm Just reading that Crazy I would say yes but Deb definately needs to clarify that for sure becuase I can see how that would cause confusion....

since i can't get an answer i'm guessing we can run either one of them that we choose.

that's the way the rule reads , right knightblade?

since i can't get an answer i'm guessing we can run either one of them that we choose.

that's the way the rule reads , right knightblade?

Have you tried asking Rick Day? His phone number is 210-827-4524. And his email address is rick@sanantoniospeedway.com

Nick

they're the ones asking for cars and promoting the race nick .............why don't you call him for me , and let me know what he says.

ThanX

The rules for THR cars read "must follow all 2006 THR street stock rules with the following exceptions:". Correct me if i'm wrong, but in the THR rules, doesn't it read that the THR cars must run the hoosier tire? And in none of the exceptions does it say that for this race the THR cars may run the AR tire, therefore THR cars must run on the treaded hoosier. If a THR car wanted to run the AR, they would have to comply to the SAS rules as at the bottom of the page it states "no hybrids". Its really not that hard to figure out...

Posted in another thread by Rick Day:

Sorry about the delay, didnt realize i left it that vague on the tire issue. You can run either tire but the only tire for sale at the track will be the American Racer. It can be purchased thru Oval Components at 210-977-8222.

Rick Day

and again sorry about the confusion Shawn Paul.

The rules for THR cars read "must follow all 2006 THR street stock rules with the following exceptions:". Correct me if i'm wrong, but in the THR rules, doesn't it read that the THR cars must run the hoosier tire? And in none of the exceptions does it say that for this race the THR cars may run the AR tire, therefore THR cars must run on the treaded hoosier. If a THR car wanted to run the AR, they would have to comply to the SAS rules as at the bottom of the page it states "no hybrids". Its really not that hard to figure out...

damn no hybrids?

not that hard to figure out? rick just prooved you wrong.

-thanx rick , hope to see ya'll down there.

damn no hybrids?

not that hard to figure out? rick just prooved you wrong.

-thanx rick , hope to see ya'll down there.

horse,

he was trying to be a pretty f@~t smeller, sorry i meant smart fellow... don't know what came over me...

so you bringing the #5?

Posted in another thread by Rick Day:

Sorry about the delay, didnt realize i left it that vague on the tire issue. You can run either tire but the only tire for sale at the track will be the American Racer. It can be purchased thru Oval Components at 210-977-8222.

Rick Day

and again sorry about the confusion Shawn Paul.

Texas

"Did you understand the words that came out of his mouth?"

Then if thats the way its gonna be it should be clarified in the rules. people who dont read this bored will be mis-led. read the ss rules for THR and tell me in there where it says AR is the specified tire, and no where on the octoberfast page does it say theres an exception.

I wanna see a fair race. I pay my money to watch just like all the other fans do. I want to know that the top 5 or so cars earned those spots. I was very upset the night that eric was dq'ed seeing that he had probably been running with his car that way all year, thus a car that had been upfront most of the season wasnt legal, giving the fans a false show.

you would think the track management would look at more then just the area asphalt tracks for a special race.this past sunday in corpus the track(S.T.S.) invited cars from c.c. to come race at the dirt.it brought in about 8 to 10 new cars.there were some also from other tracks,there hometown rules.it was great watching about 30 cars take the green.watching the usual 18 to 22 cars is always neat,but 30 looks much better.why does the half mile have a fear of this?.is it the track,drivers or are there already to many cars to want more?.frank t.

where in the 2006 SAS rules is there a "special option" to run the 4412?........this is as equal as it gets , being two seperate sets of rules.

i don't think SAS drivers could ask for more from an 'option' and we won't bitch when they spank us.

................this post was in response to tx.tornado.................................i thought i hit quote.

Then if thats the way its gonna be it should be clarified in the rules. people who dont read this bored will be mis-led. read the ss rules for THR and tell me in there where it says AR is the specified tire, and no where on the octoberfast page does it say theres an exception.

I wanna see a fair race. I pay my money to watch just like all the other fans do. I want to know that the top 5 or so cars earned those spots. I was very upset the night that eric was dq'ed seeing that he had probably been running with his car that way all year, thus a car that had been upfront most of the season wasnt legal, giving the fans a false show.

Tornado,

The following was cut and pasted directly from the SAS website: Makes it pretty clear, especially with the clarification from Mr. Day.

Tire Rule

• American Racer 8.0/27.0-15 or 970 8.0/26.5-15 Slick

• Hoosier 970 8.0/27.0-15 or 970 8.0/26.5-15

These are post season races. The regular season rules from THR, CC, and SAS are used as a baseline only to make the rules process easier for the event so they don't have to completely write new rules. The tire rule is clearly listed AFTER the allowed modifications to each track's normal rules. That's why Crazyhorse correctly figured that the rule applied to everyone.

As far as the 27 car providing a "false show" all year, I would contend that the "show" is what you and everybody else saw. It was what is was, nothing more or nothing less. You can't assume that his car was the only one with rules infractions all year long. He was unfortunate enough to get DQed, but there were probably others that sneaked through. Does that make the show any less enteraining? Hell no. Most of the fans in the stands don't even know the difference.

Like Crazyhorse said, if we decide to make this trip, we'll be prepared to get whooped by at least a couple of the SAS bad boys. When (if) they come to THR for the spectacular, they should expect the same. ;)

These rules also apply to the late October race at SAS and THR ?

The SAS site does say that they apply to both races at SAS, but I haven't seen anything from THR yet about the spectacular rules. I'm betting they will be the same, but you never know.

Archived