Thank You

debbiec

Gary and I wanted to say thank you for everyone's help and quick response to his accident during practice yesterday. The Doctor said he has a Compression Fracture in his back, they say he will be in alot of pain for at least a week and several weeks to heal. Thank you again to everyone who rushed over to help him. He would not take anything for pain at the hospital because he was convinced that he could go back out and race last night. The doctor told him, Not A Good Idea. While waiting for EMS and the Fire Dept. to arrive, he was concerned that everyone was missing their practice time. He asked them to push the car off the track, but they would not do that because they put his safety first. Thank you again.

Debbie Chancellor

Gary's Hobby Stock hung a throttle going into turn one at THR. He hit the pit wall very, very hard about sixty feet before the pit grandstands and ended up right in front of the pit grandstands where a large contingent of racers gathered to watch the saftey crew get Gary out of the car.

The safety crew did a great job. They had to cut the top of the car off and part of the roll cage to get him out safely on a backboard.

I talked to Gary at the track after he had apparently released himself from the hospital. He said he was in a bunch of pain.

But there he was, at the track and wanting to race anyway... That is one tough hombre.

Nick

You are right Nick, he is tough and hard headed. After he accepted the fact that he could not go back and race, he told them to get him checked out as soon as possible so he could get back to see Gary Jr race and win the championship. Good Job Son. Congratulations on your championship.

some bone head was saying he was back out there in the #8 car?

glad you are alright gary..................way to go jr.

Glad that everything is going to be ok ,I was working on my late model and someone came over and said that my dad had just hit the wall and was hurt ,talk about a bad feeling.I do want to thank everyone for there quick help and response. Like I told the announcer when he came and interviewed me before the race I hated to see it end this way I had a 30 point lead in points on my dad going in to the race last night and I would rathered had to race him door to door to finish the season. Now that you are going to be ok , and your car is not,I have a championship hobby chassis for sale , I bet we can work something out. ;)

Gary, sorry to hear about your accident. We hope you will heal quickly and with not so much pain. By the way folks it was Jim Teague who ran the 8 car for Gary Sr. Thanks Jim. Take care Gary.

I really hate to see this happen to Gary, hell of a guy and hell of a worker witch is why i really hated to see this happen cause now he is gonna take my spot in the office and i will have to get out in the shop and work well i guess it is a good thing russell dont race huh gary lol and hey if you want to learn how to do estimates and bids just ask you dont have to hurt yourself to get the desk job anyways get well soon and find a car shell and we will build you new one faster(well we will try to anyways) you are fast in a dump truck okay see ya later

Archived