4 cylinder non points race

direct-flo

now would'nt that be a hoot.......

not a run what ya brung race, but!!!! you would have the option to run anything the other 2 series allows them to run. (slicks, big carbs etc.)

maybe try it at SAS -->big track would allow the cars to find a racing group to run with.

I am thinking big & dreaming again......Oh well.

oldtimer.....who would get hurt?

Although, Yes i would love to see all these classes on the track at the same time, i might have to agree with oldtimer in that some of the kids in the legacy's might just get pushed around by some of the heavier cars at times :P

But it is something that i would definetely pay to see race. I think that between the legacy's and pro sedans they are the 2 best shows (races) at the tracks.

Direct you have mentioned a race like this before. This would be a great opportunity for you to become a promoter. I think there would be more entertainment for you than for the spectators. Even at that I think it would be good for you to put up some money for a purse for this race.

Poorboy

Because I mentioned a race like this you think I should be a promoter...hahaha

I already am.!!! You commented on this post. I caught your eye...

“I think there would be more entertainment for you than for the spectators”

poorboy would you be a spectator or driver? Either way I bet you would have fun.

“Even at that I think it would be good for you to put up some money for a purse for this race.”

Why? What if it was sponsored 100%...how about also paying a 50.00 entry which you will get back

How about a race with a field of 30 plus cars! Would the fans like that?

Poorboy

Because I mentioned a race like this you think I should be a promoter...hahaha

I already am.!!! You commented on this post. I caught your eye...

“I think there would be more entertainment for you than for the spectators”

poorboy would you be a spectator or driver? Either way I bet you would have fun.

“Even at that I think it would be good for you to put up some money for a purse for this race.”

Why? What if it was sponsored 100%...how about also paying a 50.00 entry which you will get back

How about a race with a field of 30 plus cars! Would the fans like that?

i think the field would be forty or more .clash of the titans tipe stuff .be a heck of alot of fun how much do those cars wiegh .we are 2585 now can move it down to 2280 .besides it would be fun to race james lee again .his first race car he had was one i built for someone else .and maybe bruce can find something to race .

oldtimer

The weight difference would not be a safety issue. At least one four cylinder series has a varied weight rule.

And at least one series has a very strict rule on safety...belts, helmets etc.

What we need is drivers and a track willing to step up and be the first to host a race like this.

now would'nt that be a hoot.......

not a run what ya brung race, but!!!! you would have the option to run anything the other 2 series allows them to run. (slicks, big carbs etc.)

maybe try it at SAS -->big track would allow the cars to find a racing group to run with.

I am thinking big & dreaming again......Oh well.

its ok to dream big derect flo.

so why dont you just rent hte track for the day and make your dreams come true?

i guess its because it takes time and effort and money to pull of a big show and actually pay the rent insurance and lights and purse and pay for people to help put the show on and dont forget to advertise and while your at it keep all the drivers and fans happy to.

when you realy stop to think about everything that it takes to put on a show it makes you relize much goes into putting on a race behind the sceens.

Why are you guys jumping his [edited by Saspeedracer24] for expressing an idea? Considering he and Mel Krauss are doing what they can to get the Legacy cars back to SAS and succeeded since they will be here next week. Cut the guy some slack for thinking outside the box. Not every idea is one that works. Why do you think there are fewer and fewer racetracks around?(Spare me the discussion on what works, what doesnt, buy your own track BS).

P.S. Keep up the hard work Tom and Mel...

Someone many years ago had a dream and someone probably said you are haveing a pipe dream it would never work and would cost money . i believe his name was BILL FRANCE .does that name ring a bell . i dont know ramey 60 .but sounds like he has a thorn in his foot for flo there , so come up with something that would help out anyclass 60 .im sure you can come up with a good one .and i promiss you we wont kick you in the head for it .have a nice day .

Speedracer nobody is jumping his ars. The Legacy series is a good series especially for these young guys to learn good driving skills. But I think there are very few people that really want to see all these different classes run together. In fact I doubt the front runners of these classes would show up for something like this. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so.

i'm sorry direct flo..................."who would get hurt"? what is the weight difference in all forms of classes of cars you are inviting? other classes may run OEM bumpers or even worse , something they invented...............what guage (diameter) is the steel that makes up a legacy cage?

i'm not gonna tell you that you're out of your mind (every two months or so) lets just hear from ALL the legacy guys that would be interested in this format as a race.

................and no response is as good as a no show.

ps- your speeds are awesome..........and i'm pretty sure you would put a whoopin' on a lot of thunder cars.....but what says you have to proove it?

Why is it when someone has an idea you feel compelled to shoot it down.

I love it when you suggest the one with the idea put up the purse, rent the track etc.

“i guess its because it takes time and effort and money to pull of a big show and actually pay the rent insurance and lights and purse and pay for people to help put the show on and dont forget to advertise and while your at it keep all the drivers and fans happy to.”

“when you realy stop to think about everything that it takes to put on a show it makes you relize much goes into putting on a race behind the sceens”

This is a classic.!!!!

I am only a driver, someone that loves to race. I also like challenges, something different.

I am also a business owner and I have a pretty good grip on things when it comes to cost.

If some of you would spend as much time promoting yourself as you do talking an idea down.....I would be watching you on the speed channel

okay.................. directflo is in ,,,,,,,anybody else? HEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ....i said HEEElllOOooooooooo. be seein' ya on speed channel.........and i hope soon , i'm running out of those ' i knew him when' stories.

have a great laobor day weekend.

.............self edited.................

honest, i hope you can make it work.............i admire anybody with SACKS full of ideas.

but the legacys are a spec class that is doing better than just fine on its own.

Archived