Extra Equipment

Mac

Bigs,

You have to have an account set of with them and do an initial buy in... I had a partial sponsor from them last year where they gave me a % off... Several guys from SAS have gotten them in the past...

We were going to set up an account, but never did...

get a suit thats been rated sfi 3.2a..it rates a suit on how long you can have a gasoline fire (2000 degrees) in direct contact before you get a 2nd degree burn. it will give your suit a tpp rating...divide that number by 2 and thats how many seconds you have. higher numbers are better drag racing suit can have tpp up to around 80(40 seconds)/ single layers tpp around 10 - 15 / double layer is around tpp 20-25/ triple layers typically around 30 - 35 tpp.so 1 layer= 5-7 seconds 2 layer = 10 12 seconds 3 layer 15- 17 seconds. i heard the underwear is about 5-10 tpp. not much protection but it wont melt to your skin if you are caught in a fire like regular underwear will. burning rubber stuck on your skin is not good. consider a nomex hood and skirt.worst place for a bad burn scar is your face..make sure helmet has nomex lining and a strap that wont melt. dont forget gloves and shoes. you might be able to get by with leather shoes but dont wear rubber or plastic in anything! neck collors are ok for small bumps but will not protect you from serious g's i suggest a hutchens at min but the hans or the sr-3 is way more comfortable. and get the best seat you can head and shoulder supports both sides. I know its very expensive and hopefully will be a waste of money( never need it) but odds are you will need it. you cant race if your hurt or worse. I usally run across used stuff thats just as good as new. so if anyone needs a hans or somethin let me know and I'll keep an eye out. shoes ,gloves are easy to come by cheap .suits sometimes ,helmets I would'nt buy used.

weswalker@wmiracing.com

get a light weight helmet............all the stuff the tech guys periodically check are understatements compared to the weight of the helmet. the 6th time of being knocked out led to multiple cuancassion syndrom (spelling check please)...........trust me that sucks , and it was all because i've got a chicken neck that was trying to hold up to much weight during impact. it will cut your season short when two weeks or two months after the wreck you don't remember how to get home.

During practice one year i hit the wall head on, my head /helmet went soo far forward it broke my necklace off. thats scary. the next week i had a collar and wont race again with out it. THERES NO PRICE FOR SAFETY

At SAS I had the right upper control arm break going into 3. Hit the wall head on. My body gave so much that I hit the rear view mirror with my helmet. I had a collar on but thats not the safest route. Get a hutchins or a hans, it might cost alot more but well worth it....

Theres a guy from Houston the sells the hans and transponders alot cheaper then I've seen anywhere else. I think his kids run the legacy series....... GOOD LUCK

Talking with my stepdad and crew cheif last night we decided to go with a hutchins for now... Where is fossil located so we can check out their store? Also where in New Braunfels is Smileys located so we can check them out as well? I know where simpson is at but was unaware they had a small show room so we will be headed up there next weekend... We got alot acomplished on my car and to our shop last night so I am just about ready to fabricate the cage in so I will be ordering that next... I have a quote from Oval on the cage kit but does anyone know of any alternatives for a metric cage kit so I can compare pricing before placing the order next week?

Thanks

Knight

Archived