Question

gundogC3

Does anybody know where a person can find low sulfur diesel in the austin area...seem's the manufactures have put the cart before the horse....bought an 07 dulley and it is supposed to take the new fuel....but I cannot find it any place....any help would be appreciated..

I dunno if this answers your question or creates more questions but....

EPA To Delay Low-Sulfer Diesel Rule

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) said recently that it would delay the deadline for requiring retailers to sell ultra-low-sulfur fuel by 45 days - from September 1, 2006 to October 15, 2006. The original deadline was set in a rule promulgated by the agency in 2001. The change was in response to concerns from fuel producers that insufficient supplies would be available by the original deadline.

The delay in implementation places diesel engine makers in a potential bind, however. The same EPA rule that requires the clean fuel also requires production of advanced diesel engines by the 2007 model year, which begins in the final quarter of 2006. Those engine makers are now concerned that there will be insufficient fuel to power the advanced engines.

An EPA spokesman insisted that the new fuel will be available in time, however, and stressed that refiners would not necessarily need the extra time, but that it would be available if need be. A statement issued by the EPA announcing the delay stated that "These transitional items will not interfere with the planned introduction of clean diesel vehicles and engines anticipated in the autumn of 2006, not will they reduce the environmental benefits that will be achieved by this historic Clean Diesel Program."

Looks like Valero might be your best bet according to this link....Valero first to produce Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel in Southwest

I would not use it untill thats the only thing available it is not as good as the diesel that we sre using now it is being designed for lower emisions, not better performance or milage . It has less oil and other aditives that lubricates your motor,therfor my thought is not as good on motor . My .02

Ultralow sulfur diesel is regulated to no more than 15ppm sulfur. You can get B20 biodiesel in south Austin: www.austinbiofuels.com

The certification report tested it at 1.3ppm sulfur.

Biodiesel has better lubricity than dinosaur diesel and does not require additional sulfur normally used to protect injectors and pumps from excessive wear.

If he uses the old diesel in it it will screw up his motor..... I am in the Heavy Duty truck business and this is all the buzz in the trucking world... The EPA is make this mandate yet no fuel sellers have the fuel... Your best luck is at a Fleet place like big suggested like a Ryder or Penske trucking location to see if they have it... I will be shocked if you find it anywhere though... You can run the regular deisel out there now but you will start to have problems after a while... They say it will clog injectors and mess up the injection pumps if used too long in the newer engines... Of course we dont know how much of that is BS from the engine companies and how much is true though....

I just talked to our guru that comes by here from allied sales. He told me that this fuel is more meant for the big truck industry. You can run the old stuff in your truck Gunnar and it wont do any harm. this fuel will be whats run in the future but it will be mixed cycled into the stores so you wont be able to tell the difference. Just a note to you guys in austin with diesels if you go to the signature shell stores and buy ther're diesel it is 20% bio diesel and i was told by our rep that it will improve your fuel mileage.

Josh if he has a dodge with the mercedes deisel its the same as the sprinter van and freightliner m2 diesel which is designed for the new ultra low sulfur fuel, now if its a chevy or ford or a cummins I dont know their specs, but the new dodges should have the mercedes deisels in place of the cummins.... Atleast thats what we were told last year when all the talk really got serious about these new engines... Hell I still havent seen an 07 engine in a big truck yet... LoL... hehe we are still back logged with all the 06 purchases still... LoL

Got to love laws of supply and demand especially when demand extremely out weighs supply... Can you say inflation of prices!!!!!!!!!! OUCH

Gunnar,

Get some tanks and start making your own Bio D. I had a customer in the store the other day buying M-1. He didn't look like a racer, so I asked him what he was using it for. Said it was used in the scrubbing process for making Bio D. He makes 50 gal at a time using cooking oil from a chiness rest. Costing him about $1.25/gal and says if he goes to 100 gal at a time it will be less than $1.00/gal because some of the chemicals can be reused. He got me thinking about it since it costs almost $1000 to fill that KW now. Even my Dodge is $100. Just don't know if I have the time. I guess when the pain gets bad enough I'll find the time.

Rusty

Gunnar,

Two weeks ago we went to Marble Falls for the Drag Boat races. There is a Diamond Shamrock there that had it. I started to pump and had about $15.00 worth in the tank, I stopped because as I read the informational sign they had posted it stated "Not for use in Highway Trucks." Since a majority of the driving I do is on the Highway, it threw me off. My buddy was telling me that it meant not for use in Big trucks?

Anyways, I know you wont be going to Marble Falls, but if your in the area and need some; it's the store there on 281 about a mile(north) from the river(lake).

Mark

hray

That story sounds real familiar. Isnt that how Stock Car racing got started back in the day when them good ol boys where mixing up their own High Octane juice. :lol::lol:

PAPA,

Want to see a Diesel(PSD, Cummins or D- max) come alive. Add some Ctane to the tank. On a stock truck it makes them run good... :D

hray

That story sounds real familiar. Isnt that how Stock Car racing got started back in the day when them good ol boys where mixing up their own High Octane juice. :lol::lol:

PAPA,

I think you're getting your juices mixed up. We're talking about the kind that goes in the tank not the kind you drink. ;)

It shouldn't be too long in coming. I've seen the new diesel all around the San Antonio area. Shell, Valero & Cheveron are the ones that have it around here, but I haven't seen it at every station. Well, they've got the stickers on the pumps anyhow LOL who knows what the fuel really is ???? :lol:

i put white lightning in my race car once made a nice exhaust flame . real long and blue .oh and it did add power . only problem was my car had a hang over the next day .jk . but its true on the white lightning tho. and that is not alittle white lie.

Archived