Good Luck to pops

Josh42

Just wanted to tell my pops since I might not get to see him before he leaves tomorrow to have fun and good luck in Norwalk at the Skull Gear World Nationals. Have a great time and do good so you can travel with them all over next year. Oh and tell Hillary I said Howdy.

Thanks Shane,it would of been nice to see the son before I head out,last thing he said to me was get Hillary Wills pic and autograph.My bags are packed and I'm ready to head to the Buckeye State in the morning.Guess I'll see how much those folks up there like the "HookEm Horns" sign.See if I can get the football war kicked off a little early.As for the skunk Shane, I'm hoping my lil buddy "Pepe Le Pew" doesnt follow me all the way to Norwalk,cause if he does,he wont be making the trip back to Texas,you can count on it.

Pro cars are expecting 30+ pro sotcks, 30+ pro mods, 16 alcohol funny cars, 30 Nitro cars between TF, and NFC.

Also told me weather was nice and cool somewhere in the 70's.

An the quote of the day: "All the damn race rigs, buses, motorhomes, and bad to the bone drag cars here they could pay off the federal deficit"

Talked to him last night and said he's having the time of his life. During the pro cars he is working the staging lanes telling the drivers who they will run and what lane they will be in. He also got to talk to Connie Kalitta yesterday when Connie came to the line to look at the track. First two cars that went down the track for TF where Hillary Will and JR Todd both when straight down the track with candles lit the whole way with Hillary running a 4.643 at 322 and JR Todd ran a 4.645 at 309. He told me they have more than a 1000 cars on the premises that are running between box, no box, hot rod, quick rod, super rod, top dragster, top sportsman, nitro harley, pro mod, pro stock, alcohol funny car, nitro funny car, top fuel.

Just got home from Ohio.All I can say is,I thought I had died and gone to drag racing heaven.We ended up with 1,006 cars in the World Nationals.It was none stop to get em all qualified and then come back and let em race it out.I can now say I've seen and worked the "Norwalk Experience".It was an adrenline rush for sure,and I needed one having to work 4 days with about 15 hours of sleep,but I would do it again in a heartbeat.Saturday nite was a show like I had never seen at any races I had been to before, with a fireworks display to rock music that topped the $100,000 dollar mark.Replays of the AC Delco/Skull Gear World Nationals can be seen on Speed TV Sept 9th/11th/16th/18th @ 4pm

Tommy posting under Josh's name

Archived