Pick the USRA Truck Winner Contest for Oct 7th

Contest rules for the October 7th USRA Truck feature at San Antonio Speedway's OktoberFAST.

1) Pick the winner of this USRA Truck Series special feature event.

2) You must post your pick before noon on race day.

3) Only one pick per member. However, you may select a back-up in case your first pick is unable to start the feature for whatever reason.

4) A $50 cash prize will be awarded by Action Rentals and Sales to the contest participant who correctly predicts the most USRA Truck Series feature winners during the season beginning with the May 6th feature.

5) GOOD LUCK!

Nick Holt

a 650? to run with the crates? help me i'm boggled?...

i'll take pony boy as well marc.

Papa, me and kevin will not be there, we have been in talks with sanantonio track officals that if we did some things to the motor and we tested within 10 horse power one way or the other, could we run it, could never get a straight answer so we decided to sit it out this last race. To get a crate motor is 3000.00 plus another 2800 to go in and do all the changes like other trucks have. they are not just straight from the factory. so there will be three trucks from my shop sitting it out. and sorry papa when you get pulled four truck lenghts down the straight away, you kinda know where you stand with things before the race even starts you know you have no chance at all.

Nick,

Since when did Octoberfast move to Sundays?????? Does that mean that the Grands, RRs and Sportsman get to race on Saturday and don't have to take a day of vacation?????

OCTOBER 7TH

To get a crate motor is 3000.00 plus another 2800 to go in and do all the changes like other trucks have.

WHAT! ours is straight from the crate at 3700$.................straight from GM . what other changes @ 2800$ are you talking about? TRUST ME i'd really like to hear this one.

sorry i hijacked the thread , but boy this needs some clarification , pronto.

Im sure yours is straight from the factory, You pride yourself on being legal, thats great but if you really want claification I will give it to you call me at 210-288-4571. If you want the answers you seek P.S I own the 21 truck now I might let him race just so I can protest very specific things. I know what im looking for. The cats out of the bag.

so there will be three trucks from my shop sitting it out. and sorry papa when you get pulled four truck lenghts down the straight away, you kinda know where you stand with things before the race even starts you know you have no chance at all. So I will wait to see if the track will even be ther next year, If it is I will order the crates. If not who knows, all I can tell you is that it really SUCKS. I am very concerned. Matthew

What gives? I thought you were going to have a "BIG SHOOT OUT" type of deal for a person to win a free ride for next year. Did you know about all of this before you got everyones hopes up? The only thing that could be done to the crates when the Garrett's had the truck series was you NEEDED to change the timing chain, THATS ALL... And that doesnt cost $2800...

I really feel i do not have to respond to you shane, but I will. as far as the track I hopes its there because if it is not I loose My 50,000 dollar sponsor, That should Answer your [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/8/07] question if I knew about this before I got everyones hopes up . that being said, You talk about getting peoples hopes up, [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/8/07] do you want me about whats going on. as far as the tryouts we are still moving forward until there is nothing to move forward to. What else do you want me to say. And for the record I really do not care what you have to say when you put your [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/8/07] remarks on something that I am trying to do a good thing with, I quess thats just people for you. But hey Good luck to you.

Nick,

Since when did Octoberfast move to Sundays?????? Does that mean that the Grands, RRs and Sportsman get to race on Saturday and don't have to take a day of vacation?????

OCTOBER 7TH

My bad, Big...

I changed it to the 7th.

Thanks for the catch!

Nick Holt

Sounds to me like old Matts got a burr under his saddle.

A little advice...try washing the dust off of your truck before you take it to the track. Just blowing it off on the way to the track doesn't say a lot about preparation for a race.

What do you want the leader to do? Maybe he could swap motors with you? Hell, it's been sent to Houston by the track promoter himself! And I beleive this was your motor before it was bought by this team. All they did was put in a well prepped truck.

Bullrock, your right I do I just want a level playing field for everyone. As far as the dust I have been working on that truck to get it to where it just now turning, It is true we have a long way to go setup wise but 3 tenths will not help me thats what i am off, to answer your next statement I have never owned a 350, I believe the one you are talking about was bought from joe armendia through Terry Dickerson and on to the 40, And just FYI I will level the playing field-------You Sir can count it, Hey The ropers are a great faimly, they also know there stuff. but I will say it again when steve green pulls your truck 4 car lenghts down the straight away It makes you wonder, Hell everyone that was sitting in the stands saw that including stevie wonder, and to make it worse 54 cant even smell of the 40s exhaust---hhhmmm--and it is not that they handle perfect, because we had an in truck camera that shows that they can improve there 2 . I am not here to rag on anyone just here to make it right. PS Swapping motors would be great, work on 3 tenths handling 4 tenths motor hell thats how far I am off.

Sorry Matt,

I really thought you were talking about the 305 currently in the 40 truck. You know me. I've known you since you were knee-high to a grass hopper. I can attest for the Rpoers though. If they are cheating, they don't know it. I know nothing about the 54 team except that the pedigree from where he comes is pretty darn good. So I have to believe he knows what he's doing. Now for your team. There isn't a family, and certainly not two of them, that have turned as many laps at San Antonio than the Howells and Bendeles. If you can't get it together with all of the knowledge and help you can gain from them, then you shouldn't be on the track. I have to agree with you though. You have come a long way since the beginning of the season, but so have a few other teams. I seem to remember the 40 team did pretty good last year in the trucks too. So maybe they have a leg up on you in this series. Good luck in the future. The sport needs people like you who will help support and promote it and thanks for your gentlemanly response to my post. I was really expecting you to come back pretty hard on me.

One thing I've learned in the past, and especially in racing, if you can't beat them, join them. Has that ever crossed your mind?

all the 305s I own I still have, the 40 was good last yeat on treads, Im sure he is within specs as far as horsepower, I want to know what kind of torque it made ,thats the key. If the trucks run next year you can bet we will have 350 motors, then these discussions are over. and ford 9 inch rear ends. and some more stuff. maybe I just wanted to compete for more than 5 or 6th in october but hey I caught a lot of fish on the 19 of august in the deep sea, sounds like i am heading for a return trip.

Archived