Next year

Mini the THR website has printable rules so you can look into the motor section of the rules to get an idea of money your going to spend...

Atleast at THR you can run hossier tires which arent bad price wise... :)

Hey SS99 what is the panhard bar on a metric chassis?? Is it the bars that go from chassis to top of rear end housing??? I am just curiours since I dont know what those bars are actually called on my car... I just did the rear shocks and springs on mine and want to change out the bushings on those bars since they look old and dry rotted and I dont know what they are... :) Call me a newby... LoL :)

The current THR SS rules and also the SAS sportsman rules allow you to convert the stock 4-link rear suspension on metric cars to the more desireable and adjustable 3-link setup. With the 3-link setup, you also have to add a panhard bar to locate the rear end laterally. The rules require you to run the stock lower control arms in the stock locations, but the upper links may be removed and replaced with a third link that may be adjustable, and the panhard bar may also be adjustable. So to answer the question, the metric cars don't have a panhard bar in stock form, but you can add one if you switch to a 3-link setup. Now do some research on 3-link suspensions and kick some butt! ;)

Cool thanks... That helps alot... I am almost done stripping this car down and can really start building now... :) I will be running as a RR at SAS but may come up and run with the SS class at THR on an off night... I know I wont have as much car as you guys but atleast I might get to run on a different track 1 or 2 times next year... I cant wait to get this car more looking like a race car and not the P.O.S it looks like now... LoL..... I am getting my hand on a torch this week and then its all building instead of tearing down... :)

Archived