Next year

Not trying to start any rumors or any thing like that. Just need to start looking at next year because the track I'm running at is dropping our class. Do any one have an instite of what THR is planning for next year? full race schedule or partial like this year? any changes in any of the wheel base rules in any class?

You know I was wondering the same thing like if they are going to have a simular class to SAS's Road Runners... I looked at hobby stock rules thinking that was simular but it aint even close... :( I am hopeing they have a close class that maybe just tires are differnt but that might just be wishfull thinking...

Mini... Not sure what class your running right now..

Right now I'm running a mini stock so I'm sure i'll have to switch classes.

looking at hobbies but was hopeing for more race dates and being able to run a metric chassis 108" wheel base.

that metric chassis will fit THR s.s. rules. .............and i'm betting on more THR races next season in comparison to this year. ......................and THR s.s at houston , which allows you to TRAVEL........p.m me for jack sandefuers # or just skate on over to the ThunderHill website.

yes i know the 108" is ok for street stock, but street stock also requires alot more money in the motor.

Not as much as you might think. If you focused on getting the car to roll through the corners very well, you could do just fine with a well prepped stock bottom end and camel hump heads. The SS class is the hot item right now and may grow next year if HMP and THR continue to work together.

yes i know the 108" is ok for street stock, but street stock also requires alot more money in the motor.

then go to your local salvage yard and get a 112" car......................are you asking for an exception to the rule?

then go to your local salvage yard and get a 112" car......................are you asking for an exception to the rule?

no not at all. It just that SAS alows 108" cars in the road runner class and the fact that there are so many metric cars laying around I feel that might help bring car count up.

Also the fact that I dont want to get in over my head and not even be able to afford to run and not to mention in over my head in experince and cause greef for every one i atempt to run with.

mini9r,

How bout adapting your current car to run with the Pro Sedans? It is an excellent run series and tours at different tracks. Could be your cheapest way to race? The Lonestar Legacies are an excellent option also. Bob Riley & his staff are doing an excellent job with the growth of that touring series.

Good Luck in which ever class you choose to compete,

Just Keep Racing Somewhere!

Mel

I was thinking like mini in the regard that THR you would have to run a metric chassis in S.S which is alot more motor than RR at SAS.... My home track will be SAS, but I was hopeing maybe to run an off night at THR... :( as of right now I believe that could be done as a S.S but I would probably be way in the rear of the field with the motor differences...

Mini9r You might consider making one of the pro sedan races this year to see if you like it . Check out our rules at www.texasprosedans.com, also has our remaining schedule.

I could help you out with take off tires. Probably would not cost much to get ready to race next year.

mini9r you could always take your current car and run it at ccms they run a mini stock class every saturday night and not a bad purse either you run three races heat austrain pursut and the feature if you win it all i think youll take home about 220 dollars

there is also the dirt track here that runs the mini stocks too and dont know what the purse is there but im sure ill find out this weekend ( south texas speedway)

Mini your best best is to use the chevel as a SS if you already have one.. If not and you want to go with a metric chassis then your best best is to run Road Runner at SAS... To that effect I think your chevel would be legal as a Road Runner as well at SAS but you would have to double check the model rules to make sure...

From what I see at THR you dont have a chance unless you have a camaro in ss

Not exactly true anymore. I would agree that the chevelle wouldn't have a chance, but a metric car done CORRECTLY with the 3-link/panhard bar rear suspension can be very competitive. It will take some work and knowledge, but they are certainly on a more level playing field now with the camaros than in years past.

Mini the THR website has printable rules so you can look into the motor section of the rules to get an idea of money your going to spend...

Atleast at THR you can run hossier tires which arent bad price wise... :)

Hey SS99 what is the panhard bar on a metric chassis?? Is it the bars that go from chassis to top of rear end housing??? I am just curiours since I dont know what those bars are actually called on my car... I just did the rear shocks and springs on mine and want to change out the bushings on those bars since they look old and dry rotted and I dont know what they are... :) Call me a newby... LoL :)

Archived