Street Stocks, TSRS @ Houston

uhcougs

Man I have to tell you 21 STREET STOCKS (including Houston Hobby Stocks) took the green flag, with only 1 caution on the start, for 35 laps! Heck of a race! It was pretty exciting looking down into turn 4 when they came out of there to take the green flag!

TSRS had a great race as well!

Question for the THR street drivers that ran at HMP .................. With HMP being a symmetrical oval and THR being an asymmetrical oval of the same length, describe the differences in running the two tracks. I think we would all be interested in your responses.

HMS was awesome in our boat yesterday... Congrats to David in the #31 car.. he was the car all of us were chasing all day on the time sheets...

Great facility... Great staff... Enjoyed the day...

Even with 2 sesson of pouring rain we still got in all our races!!!! just had to use up a extra set of clothes..

There were 23 cars that showed total for the race.. Donnie had a practice wreck that required more fixin' than he had time and tools for.. and Chris B. #9 work his tail off trying to repair a drivetrain that broke.. just ran out of time and parts..

Congrats to Terry T. for digging the #01 out of the weeds.. and joining us... 7th not bad with a legal THR hobby motor

Thanks for the chance to race Gram and Mary Ann!!

robert , hell of a job..............just wish your dad could have been there. teresa was awesome.

david webster was smokin' fast.

thanX maryann ,and all of her people..............and the bakers and HMP.

i forgot wild bill , drove a great race as well

I had a blast !!! Even though I couldn't find the reason my car was bangin' out it was more than worth the trip. As far as differences in THR and HMP...HMP is an easier track to adjust to and race on. After the restart it was 35 laps of intense fun. :D I would also like to say congrats to Robert ...hell of a race. Teresa ...great race !!

HMP is an easier track to adjust to and race on.

I'm glad somebody thinks so. That track gave me fits. :lol:

We had a blast, though, even in spite of chasing motor gremlins and a tight race car all day. We were very happy with a 4th place finish considering the day we had. HMP is an awesome facility!

Congrats to David Webster and Robert Walton.

First of all awsome job Robert , to pull of a win after bad qulifing run and starting scratch thats awsome! I also want to say thanks to Marry Ann and all the TSRS crew and officials,you have a great series and I had a great time running my first TSRS race. I also wanted to congradulate all the THR drivers and crew for making it to HMP I think you all put on a great show and provided awsome support towords getting the tracks in centrall texas to work together. Hats off to all !!

UHCougs,

I noted the enthusiasm in your post describing the street stock race with 21 cars starting. Just as a historical note I thought I'd relate mine, at the start of the SLM race at HMP at the spring race in 2003. I found myself sitting in the stands with Pat Mayberry and James Coursey, Sr.

Imagine our enthusiasm, as 36 SLMs were about to take the green. On the pace lap, I looked at Pat and he looked at me. I said to him "Ain't no way their going to make it through turn 1." We both chuckled nerviously, and turned to watch them come out of 4 to take the green flag. What an awesome race that was. Doug Hooks won it.

Just a quick note to thank each of you that were able to be there, what a great show you guys and gals put on! B) The professionalism from the time you took to the track, from testing to qualifying to running those exciting 35 laps! That was a fun weekend and what about that Baker family & staff working so hard to get the track dried and race ready after all that rain!?! Those Houston HS drivers were a pleasure to race with, great participation.

Again, thank you all, can't tell you how great it was to see that many cars on the pit road qualifying, thank you for making me proud! So sorry for Donnie & Chris! :( Chris, his crew and many others worked so hard to try to make it after breaking during testing. This race was a seed planted by the Meredith's, great family and great idea!

Great to have the #12 there in honor of our dear friend, Robert Reyes, thank you Charles Buxton for helping to keep his memory with us! THANK YOU ALL!

It was great racing at Houston again and the 12 car is

just about up to speed.

Not that it means much coming from me,but I would also like to thank all the THR Street Stocks that showed up to race.My hats off to all of you and I would like to say thank you for putting on a great show and someone please pull a plug wire off of Websters car next time.lol

We had a great time! What a facility. Looking forward to coming back to Houston allready. Congrats to David for the win and Robert in TSRS. And Teresa Gural for a great 2nd place finish. We were so happy for you guys!

It was great to see the THR Street stocks lined up in the pits. Sure made it exciting and fun. Hopefully next time a few more could make the trip to Houston. D.

Thanks to Marryann and crew for providing the chance for the SS to run at a facility like HMP. every one I talked to was thrilled at how smoothly the event took place even with mother nature getting involved. You are the Pied Piper of racing, the driver will follow where ever you go. Thanks to the Bakers in their support. Junior

Chase ...after a little thought I may not have been able to adjust to the track that well if my car was up to speed. Kinda like drivin' with only 7 cylinders. Mary Ann I would like to thank you and the Bakers for giving us this opportunity. I also would like to thank Charles Buxton for helping us out when I ran out of gas a few miles from the track (when the gauge says 1/8 it really means empty ! :P )

Archived