17 Bubba Ford

88 Nellie Kelley

27 Todd Hudler

7 Jesse Sandoval

99 Ronald Deleon

11 Chip Harmon

29 Johnny Guerra

18 Pete Arce

chip took a good wack at the wall . nasty crash glad he,s allright .car well thats a different story .rick the spoiler ran good . we had a radiator go bad so we had to pull off .had fun tho .do it again .lalo had the car to beat his finishes where not conclusive to the way he ran but that lifter bug showed its ugly head .second place on three cylinders for 10 laps or so not to shabby. chip hit the wall cuz of a spinning car .

:D Good Job JR.,

With Troy and Dad nipping at your heals, good job holding on :P . :blink: Sorry to hear about Chip. Hope he's able to get his car back together quickly. :blink:

:rolleyes: Oldtimer,

Could use a few more updates if your still going out there. Eddy assures me that he will have a car ready for me the next time I get back. :rolleyes:

:P Out of here in a couple of days and heading back to Bahrain. Hope the calm remains so we don't have to stay. :P

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (Cyprus) :ph34r:

That was some nite of racing.First I would like to thank Carol Yocum for giving all the CC racers throphies for attending this year.For some reason I have the best luck of my life at CC Speedway.First because ever since my sons karate instructor always boasted about having won 150 trophies in his carrear,I made it a personal goal to match him.With the special trophy from Sat along with the feature trophy,that makes 149.Adding the points trophie next week I will have made my goal to match his 150 count. It only took 37 years of racing to do it.The second reason I feel really lucky at CC has to do with the race itself.Lalo and Jessy both blew my doors off in the heat and Aussie,congrats to them,so we all knew the feature was going to be fast paced with Lalo on the pole.I spent most of the first two races door to door with Chip,11,and Ronald,99,they were both fast and it takes many laps to complete a pass if I can at all.In the feature I got past 11 in traffic and was racing beside 99 on the outside next to the wall.We had done this for a couple of laps when going out of turn 4 there was a lot of loose dirt kicked up from the infield.99 and I hit the dirt wide open about the same time we saw the 29,Johnny,had hit the dirt and spun stopping sideways with his rear against the wall.I had 1 second to realize I was going to hit 29 in the drivers door,no way to stop.I knew this was going to be the hardest hit I would have had yet and possibly injured Johnny and me.99 tried to dive low but there was not enough time.Just before impact the 29 rolled downhill half a carlength and I flew through the opening,tagging the wall in passing.This is the luck part for me,I could have just as easily ended my year right there.Not so lucky were 29,99,and 11.The 99 hit the 29 on the LF,missing the door,the 11 tried to follow me but the opening had closed after the impact.The 29 has major LF damage,the 11 has serious front damage and the 99 got the worse with both front and rear damage.Fortunately all the drivers escaped injury.For me this was a reminder how fast your fate can change and no body really has control of their destiny.I do hope everyone can get repaired and finish the year running.The Lord looked out for us on this nite. :o

YES GB THAT WAS A GOOD RUN FOR YOU CONGRATS I TALKED TO RONALD TODAY NOTHING HE COULD DO AT THE SPEEDS YAH RAN I THINK ATLEAST TWO OF THOSE WRECK CARS MAY MAKE IT SATERDAY FROM WHAT I GATHERED .YOU RUBBED THE WALL HARD .YOU ARE A LUCKY LUCKY DOG .IF YOU HAD HIT 29 IT WOULD HAVE BEEN REALLY REALLY BAD MORE CARS COULD OF BEEN WIPED OUT NOT TO MENTION YOU AND THEM GETTING HURT .SO COUNT THOSE LUCKY TROPHIES :D I TELL YOU WHAT IF YOU RETIRE THIS WEEK I WILL GO OUT AND GET YOU THAT 150 TH TROPHIE JUST TELL ME HOW BIG AND WHAT YOU WANT SAID ON IT :lol::lol::lol: NAH YOU CANT RETIRE WE WANT TO COME AFTER YOU NEXT YEAR .AND WE ARE LUCKY THANKS TO THAT RADIATOR LEAK JESSIE PULLED OFF THE TRACK JUST BEFORE THAT WRECK .MADE ME SWEAT THAT THOUGHT .HE WAS RIGHT THERE WITH YAH .

Oh Yeah, and GB you owe Jesse $20 bucks....

no that anouncer who opened his mouth and said that needs to pay jessie i did not know anouncers could make wagers and besides jessie slowed down and if he knew what the wager was he may have let gb pass .jessie asked him to pay up but the man said it was just a joke . to me not funny .well maybe just alittle .laugh. now we know he is a fan of someone . ok with me .

IT SOUNDS MUCH BETTER IF YOU SAY "YOU GET PAID TO BE A ANNOUNCER"  NOT GET PAID TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH!!JMO

well im with jessies car .im lorraines husband so youll know who i am . but to the fans that set next to me they did not think that was right some thought it was funny some didnt .at first i thought it was not funny .for a announcer it does nt sound right . jmo and that is with any class of cars .

In regards to the statement the the announcer made Saturday night,

everyone makes a "slip of the tongue" or an error in judgement in what they say sometime or other

in their life-we've all done it (and also seen it on this forum too).

Granted, it was heard by a lot more people than just general conversation between

a few people, but I'm sure that Tom isn't the type of person that was intentionally

being rude or inconsiderate, only caught up in the moment. JMO

In regards to the statement the the announcer made Saturday night,

everyone makes a "slip of the tongue" or an error in judgement in what they say sometime or other

in their life-we've all done it (and also seen it on this forum too).

Granted, it was heard by a lot more people than just general conversation between

a few people, but I'm sure that Tom isn't the type of person that was intentionally

being rude or inconsiderate, only caught up in the moment. JMO

sometimes we all think we are perfect and we all forget that sometimes . your right .

Mader,I still cant understand half of what you say but now I dont even know what your talking about.I did not hear what Tom said but thats nothing new,at my age you dont hear or see as much anyway.Guess it wasnt important.Just fix that raidiator and help Lalo so we can have a re-match.Sat. 8:00 PM CC Speedway.Be there or be square. THUMPER

Mader,I still cant understand half of what you say but now I dont even know what your talking about.I did not hear what Tom said but thats nothing new,at my age you dont hear or see as much anyway.Guess it wasnt important.Just fix that raidiator and help Lalo so we can have a re-match.Sat. 8:00 PM CC Speedway.Be there or be square. THUMPER

i offerd you a trophie to stay home . and you could not hear it you were raceing 99 at the time .and i.ll forgive you for not be.ing abel to understand me .comes with your older age .lalo dont need my help .

GB,spoke to Lalo today and he his working on fixing the problem. If I know lalo ,we will be out there saturday. He is having fun racing at C.C. OH YEAH them Marguritas after the races help out. I have enjoyed going out there to help him out these few races. SEE YA SATURDAY

marguritas where .

WELL OLDTIMER I FIGURED SINCE WINE GAVE GB A BOOST , I HAD TO GET A LITTLE HELP OVER IN OUR PITS SO IT'S MARGURITAS FOR US....... IT'S BEEN A BLAST AT C.C. THESE FEW RACES, HOPE TO FINISH THE RACE ON FOUR CYLINDERS THIS WEEK IF NOT AN EXTRA BOTTLE OF TEQUILA WILL HELP OUT......IT'S BEEN FUN THANKS TO THE YOCUMS

CONGRATS TO MARK JR ON ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well maybe lalo needs to get the head off chips car for the next race has anyone talked to chip to see how bad it really is was kinda hard to see it in the dark saturday night

cars at lalos it will need work going to have to cut and rebuild some of that front from what i could see .

Archived