2006 Champ

marc200mph

Marc Madison secured the “Modified Championship” in the final race of 2006 at Red River Speedway in Wichita Falls on Friday night, 8/18/06, with a strong 3rd place finish. Madison, who has been racing for over 30 years, won 6 Features on his way to claiming the Championship at Red River Speedway in the “Smiley’s Asphalt Modified Division”. Madison’s first track championship came 27 years ago on dirt in 1979 at the old Sportdrome Speedway. Now, almost 3 decades later he is still charging hard and winning, to claim another track championship, this time on asphalt.

champtoon.gif

S tx,

I was only able to run 4 or 5 times this year. My little TAMS type 355 is out gunned by the big alcohol motors (all sizes/types of engines are on slicks) but RR is a fun place to run and is the closest track to Dallas.

It seems like there are basically 3 tracks/groups that each draw 10-12 cars ... they all have different rules and different tires. At RR, we could stay with the Hoosiers we had and there weren't any rules changes (from tams '04/5) that would cost us extra dollars.

Congrats on your win with 40 at THR.

Jay

supertx, the other thing Jay is not telling you is, the nights he didn't race he was at the track helping me and his car was race ready in the trailer in case something happened to my car.

With out Jay I could not have won the track Championship!

Thanks Jay,

Marc

Archived