KTSA NASCAR Watch Party - Bristol

KTSA NASCAR WATCH PARTY

SHARPIE 500 From Bristol Motor Speedway

When: Saturday August 26, 2006 5:05 PM - Checkered Flag Drops!

Where: Stats Sports Bar 4110 Naco Perrin Blvd

San Antonio, TX 78217

(210) 650-4070

NEWS-TALK 550 KTSA and Performance Racing Network bring you the NASCAR Nextel Cup Sharpie 500 from Bristol Motor Speedway Live on KTSA on Saturday August 26, 2007 at 5:45 PM.

Come join KTSA's Trey Ware and "NASCAR BABE" Dawn Murphy at Stats Sports Bar beginning at 5PM on Saturday afternoon for all of the racing action. Trey and Dawn will broadcast LIVE beginning with a 45 minute Pre-Race Show that will take a look around the racing community both locally and Nationally and Pre-View the upcoming Cup Race from Bristol. They will be talking with Drivers, Crew Members, Team Managements, and more from the Local Texas Race Scene and the NEXTEL Cup Circuit as well as taking calls and feedback from KTSA Listeners. You can see live and in person some of Texas best drivers and their cars Live at STATS.

Come decked out in all of your favorite NEXTEL CUP Driver gear and show your team spirit. After the show, hang out with the crew and enjoy lots of food, drinks, prizes, and fun...and don't forget that you will see all of the beating and banging and non stop action from Bristol on the 8 Big Screen TV's Available.

KTSA has asked me to post the following note to all drivers in the San Antonio area:

"We would love to have them if they can, to come out, bring their cars, and show off themselves, and their sponsors at our event? We would love to have them out there!!!"

Thanks,

Dawn Murphy

Producer

News-Talk 550 KTSA

South Texas' Home for NASCAR

4050 Eisenhauer Rd

San Antonio, TX 78218

210-528-5734 210-392-4963

dmurphy@ktsa.com

We did have cars out and we also enjoyed the company of about 150 people!!! It was outstanding! Shoulder to shoulder and most were there until the race ended. We will be doing more throughout the playoffs!!!

We did have cars out

We will be doing more throughout the playoffs!!!

Kyle Sirizzotti and Cody Smith and their respective race teams did an AWESOME job, showing their race cars and trophies as well as having autograph cards for the kids who showed up...

"Playoffs?"

Ouch--that's a $25 fine..pay up!

Sorry to those who are offended by PLAYOFFs, but when NASCAR uses it in their releases by calling it the RACE FOR THE CHASE Playoff FORMAT...then I guess it is ok for me to use that term also. By the way...that is what it is!!! :D

Dawn

No bashing intended here but "Playoffs" are for GAMES. Racing is not a game. They do not play. They are RACING for the Championship not PLAYING for the Championship. You do a wonderful job with racing. PLEASE dont take this wrong.

You guys down in San Antonio at KTSA, get on the phone to the Austin media types and tell them to have that kind of party too!!!!

Hell when I worked at KSAT and WOAI we would always give the other stations hell. Help me get the Austin gang off their butts too!!!

Great job by the way. If this Austin Crew doesnt get anything moving.....I will be drivin down back home to SA for the next one.!!!!

Guest bigfat
I think this link is rather appropriate.... :)

Stupid stop sign here at work. The only playoff link I know of is that NFL coach going bizzerk. Which one is it Marc or Chuck??????????

Dawn,

Keep up the good work. You can call it badminton as long as you're promoting racing.

SThe only playoff link I know of is that NFL coach going bizzerk. Which one is it Marc or Chuck??????????

That would be the one, the only Jim Mora, Senior..

He's now a weekend radio show host on the FOX radio network.. :D

Archived