Tech Issues at SAS

Rick Day

I would like to Thanks Jeff Ashmore and Nick Holt for there hard work saturday night.

Drivers have been after us to step up the tech inspections at SAS and we have done so. Jeff and Nick did a great job Saturday night as always.

It has been our policy all year long that if there is a problem found in tech, I am to be notified so I can come and evaluate the situation. This past Saturday was no exception.

I listened to what Nick had found, looked at the other two Cameros on the tech pad, read the rule again to make sure what it said and the decision was made for the DQ.

Yes there was a list of items to be checked on Saturday, but in any instance during an inspection when something is found it is grounds for a DQ. NO warning is needed. Its no different if I were to pull heads one night to check valve size and angle and found pop up pistons when the head was removed, it would be DQ'd.

We appriciate all the racers hard work and support of the speedway. When we decide to check something it is checked on all the cars on the tech pad. NO one person or team is singled out, When it come to tech everyone is the same. When i had my series in Fla, my uncle raced on night and was wrong and i DQ'D him. I even DQ'd my vice-president and right hand person nephew one night at THR after time trials for 7 lbs. IF its good for one its good for all.

If something is overlooked one week doesnt mean its legal the next, just means you took money that didnt belong to you. We can't catch everything, but the bottom line is we have a job to do to keep thing on a level playing field the best we can. If you're DQ'd take the punishment like you took the money all year, fix the infraction and lets go racing.

This by no means is ment to single anyone out. We're all here to have fun guys and crying all week long takes all the fun out of it. Lets go racing and put the fun back in it.

Rick Day

Guest bigfat

I think this is meant to single me out. In the instance of the offset situation that Jeff discovered. He singled me out. He knew that I wasn't as good as I was racing so he found ONE of the illegal items that I was trying to hide. I kept saying "It's MONA'S FAULT, IT'S MONA'S FAULT!!!!". I was very emberassed about the whole thing. I even threatened to take my car to the other San Antonio 1/2 mile high banked track........But then yall told me that there wasn't one. Called my bluff. I learned to appreciate the job that Jeff does and the track for that matter. I even offered to give the points for the whole season back, since I raced on those wheels for 3 races, but I wanted to keep the trophies and money. :P So I say to you. Thank you for the privilage to race at San Antonio Speedway.

I think this is meant to single me out. In the instance of the offset situation that Jeff discovered. He singled me out. He knew that I wasn't as good as I was racing so he found ONE of the illegal items that I was trying to hide. I kept saying "It's MONA'S FAULT, IT'S MONA'S FAULT!!!!". I was very emberassed about the whole thing. I even threatened to take my car to the other San Antonio 1/2 mile high banked track........But then yall told me that there wasn't one. Called my bluff. I learned to appreciate the job that Jeff does and the track for that matter. I even offered to give the points for the whole season back, since I raced on those wheels for 3 races, but I wanted to keep the trophies and money. :P So I say to you. Thank you for the privilage to race at San Antonio Speedway.

:lol:

You gotta love bigfat.

Currently, SAS is a Nascar sanctioned track.

Several years ago, there was an attempt by SAS track management to utilize an "expert" to tech the top 3 cars on the tech pad. I did not allow my car to be inspected by this expert. This expert was NOT employed by SAS or Nascar, and was not wearing the SAS Nascar "officials" shirt.

Sometimes, these experts assist other race teams and provide advice on engine configuration, handling setup, chassis design, etc. I did not want this expert to see any legal advantage I "might" have, learn from it, and pass it on to my competition.

LoL Jody your probably right, between me talking on here, swinging by when ever I can get away to go strip down my car, Oh and the biggy, not having any damn parts in stock..... LoL I probably get less accomplished at work... LoL

As to back on topic, I think Rick does a hell of a job.....

Aint no one i mean no one has out talked or said so much and and ment nothing more than I so i want to hold that glory for me me me .need a blimp for me bigfat so dont try and take my place or or or .well i have to figure that one out see.ing we dont race at the same track so if you think of something about that then speek up . :lol::lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:

Guest bigfat
Aint no one i mean no one has out talked or said so much and and ment nothing more than I so i want to hold that glory for me me me .need a blimp for me bigfat so dont try and take my place or or or .well i have to figure that one out see.ing we dont race at the same track so if you think of something about that then speek up . :lol::lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:

I'm sure we could put a foot race on, or maybe a 4 wheller race @ the BMX track @ THR. :D

Aint no one i mean no one     has out talked or said so much and and ment nothing   more than    I so i want to hold that glory for me me me .need a blimp for me bigfat so dont try and take my place or or or .well i have to figure that one out see.ing we dont race at the same track so if you think of something about that then speek up . :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :rolleyes:

I'm sure we could put a foot race on, or maybe a 4 wheller race @ the BMX track @ THR. :D

well bigfat im 220 pounds and i can run fast but cant stop worth a darn .but i used to race dirt bikes and at 50 years old i am game on the 4 wheelers .or the go carts at kyle . might hurt after all that but would be fun .and if my wife doesnt kill me first for even thinking about it . .and zoom would you rather me say i really believe every thing i say here i would really be crazyhorse if that was true oh oh .someone else has that name sorry. :D:D:D

oldtimer Posted on Aug 16 2006, 04:11 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.and zoom would you rather me say i really believe every thing i say here i would really be crazyhorse if that was true oh oh .someone else has that name sorry.    

Well oldtimer, now you know our dilema. We don't know what to believe from what you say either :D:D:D:o

Archived