CCSPEEDWAY

I wouldn't have beleived if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. We had a special guest racer from San Antonio come down and race with us. He was very impressive and I do beleive our super street drivers think that as well. He finished 5th in the 1st heat race. There were 7 super street in the race.In the Australian Pursuit took 1st. place. In the feature he got 3rd. Not bad for a 73 year old youngster.Wow. His name MR.JOE HORNE.

What was so exciting about the australian pursuit,Mr. Greg Carlucci Jr. couldn't pass him. Greg tapped him a couple times but nothing helped. It's a night to look back on for years to come. Here I thought I was the oldest driver but Mr. Horn has me beat.

While I have your attention CCSpeedway will be closing on August 26th. for the season. We will have the Dwarfs and Allison Legacy and feature races for our guys. The championship trophies will be given. Since we got such a late start it hasn't paid off so we will just wait until 2007. And yes CCSpeedway will be back.We do apperaicate all the racers that raced this season,altho short and sweet.See you Sat. Carol Yocum P.S. Thank you Mr. Horne for the most exciting races I've see in a while.

i was empressed he didnot know the track but he wasnt no rookie the car he had had power ,him and greg got togetther and greg gave him the room to save it good driveing .fun to whatch. and i think lalo had the car to beat its fast he just kept loosing a rocker .other than that he would have took home the beans .

I don't know who you are Racer#88 I didn't realize you had posted. What I would like to say about your post is this. When you have 5 regular super streets in a class,as we do you try and figure out the best way to keep the class alive,so thats why the out of towner age 73 years young was able to use his HOOISER G-60. Oh yeah if this is a dirt car well it wasn't set up for the asphalt.I think we owe it to the 5 regular s.s.racers to keep the class going reguardless. Something you may not know but one of the super street drivers commented about the tires and the#67 driver asked him if he wanted to exchange tires and the other driver backed down. So you see this driver with the G-60 hooiser was trying to please,so don't be so quick to judge. If I had seen this post earlier I would have replied sooner. I would like to know who you are?? You know who I am. Carol Yocum

If I had seen this post earlier I would have replied sooner. I would like to know who you are?? You know who I am. Carol Yocum

Carol,

I don't know who Racer 88 is either, but I bet he's probably a real nice guy in person. Sometimes people go a bit nutz when they get behind a keyboard and think no one will ever know who they are.

Don't let 'em get ya down.

Nick Holt

Talked to Joe Horne after the race. Real nice guy. He ran a good race. It was obvious he was going to run the bottom of the track, but every time I would get a run on the outside, I changed my mind about trying to take him high. We had some laughs about our race. He said he wanted me to fix his rear bumper and I told him that I couldn't fix a bumper that WIDE and that I wanted him to replace the brakes I burned up trying to stay off of it!! It was all in fun and humor. I also joked about he and I swapping tires. Obviously unrealistic 5 minutes before our feature race. Correction, though, I didn't back down. I would love to have swapped tires so he could have experienced running on skates!! I had no problem with him running his tires, was just glad to have another car running with us. Couple more weeks, and I guess I will be throwing the G60's back on the car!!

Flyin34,

That was an exciting race and both you drivers did a great job. I think the most impressive moment to me was when you both got together and bumped a little hard and the 67 got sidways and you backed off and let him gather it up and kept racing. That is true sportsmanship. Keep up the good work.

abrungot Posted on Aug 15 2006, 07:21 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carol.. I know several THR drivers that were wishing CC had the post season race again..

Bet we could get a couple SAS drivers down there again too..

We want to come down for a post season race. Pretty disappointed to hear that there isn't going to be one this year. I think David Shooman was coming down too. Probably Billy Roebuck as well. Of course Tator and keith would show also. "It's always fun to run Corpus." (You can run that as your slogan if you want, I haven't copyrighted it yet B) )

Racer 88 is Bobby Jack. Most of the people around here are aware of that. I was not trying to cause any problems or start any *****. I would like the super streets to be able to run a racing tire next year. I am friends with Mr. horne and talked to him after the race. Sorry:::::::

Last weekends race was pretty impressive with all things considered. I have been normally going to STS,but decided to go to CCS,and i was not disappointed. All classes put on a very good show. Why not invite some of the STS usuals to race this weekend,being that they are off? I know tires a a big factor,but maybe the STS pure stocks could race Superstreet with their dirt tires.The pure stocks of CC last year were pretty close to supers anyway.Bombers would fit right in,and as for the thunders,i know most still have there old street tires. Just an idea,I'm not trying to stir the pot,i'm just trying to raise an eyebrow. Being that there is only a couple of more races this year ,let's give the racers and fans something to remember.And I know alot of STS drivers are sold on there track,and thats cool,but this topic was not intended to promote which track is better,because i support ALL racing. FRED

Fred,the fact is the tire rule for CC and STS thunders is exactly the same.In fact the only difference between the 2 tracks is the differentials on the FWD cars.Don said he would let the FWD cars run with their locked diffs for this weekend but the people I talked to were not intrested.The RWD cars are legal as is anytime.All that is required for this weekend is a 2100# weight and street tires.I believe the bomers are the same also.The track is not the same as last year,there are 3 dinstive grooves now,all different. Too bad its almost over.Like you,I like to race where the race is and will be back on dirt when CC closes. :ph34r:

Damn Greg,

When you got me sideways you never backed out and let me correct, you must be getting soft with age.

B) Steve,

I've seen a few times over our years at that track where you didn't back out when you could have also. Everyone has there days and sure you've had a few of those yourself. Hope to see how this works next year as I get close to retiring. December of 2007 is just days away. B)

:D Take Care! :D

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (Cyprus) :ph34r:

Archived