Anyone who went to TWS

Hartracn19

I was amazed to see how well the roll cage withheld, but VERY pleased it did. We didn't see it "roll', but what I did see, was him walking around checking out the damages to the car. Cars can be replaced, people can't. A pat on the back goes out to whomever installed the roll cage the WAY IT SHOULD BE!

Congratulations on walking away! :D

Unfortunately, that wasn't the end of thier drama for the weekend. While driving back to Mississippi someone drove by them shooting a gun out the window. Then a car driving next to their teammates trailer, as they were getting close to Houston, lost control and hit their trailer. The wrecker driver that responded to the accident thought that the racecar was the car that hit the trailer. The upside to this is some of thier competitors live in the Houston area and offered a shop, tools, manpower, lodging, and babysitting for thier daughters that made the trip. This team's journey started Thursday morning and ended Tuesday morning. One of the owners is a full time soldier in the Army, hence the logos and lettering.

I used to run Aggiecross out there in the early and mid '80s. I remember one weekend one of the A&M Sports Car Club members lovingly put the finishing touches on a ground up restoration of a 1970 442 convertible. The day after, he took it to aggiecross, lost it on the back section when he didn't get it slowed down enough after the short straight up on the hill. When the outside tires hit soft dirt it bit and went over. No roll bar, stock seatbelts..

It rolled up on the right side came up, came down on the left side and landed wheels down. Both sides were well wrinkled but the windshield was still there!

Most important, and amazing, he walked away.

GOOD LORD! That was terrible. What is happening to us? Gun weilding psycos!? I'm just glad everyone is ok. We live in Katy...if you ever need anything...

weirracing@hotmail.com .

Again, thank god you are all home safe.

Jeff and Kathie Weir

Maz1438-

Both TSRS and the Legacy cars had their regular videographer shooting their races, and there were some still photographers there as well. Is this a restriction that applies only to NASA classes, or only to the Camaro-Mustang Challenge?

tqj3-

I understand that there were regular videographers and photographers, but my main response/Question was towards (SVCMNGR1) comment on that it was "insensitive" to be taking pictures of a car that was involved in an accident at the track. I attend races on a regular basis (while taking my 10 yr old son with myself), and i can honestly say that my son enjoys taking pictures of all the cars while we are in the pit area. My son has taking alot of pictures (including cars that were involved in accidents) even with the driver/crew standing next to them, and i dont recall any of these teams telling my son or myself how "insensitive" it was.

As far as insensitive goes I did overhear someone making a comment regarding taking pictures of the wrecked car while it was on the wrecker. I was one of the picture taking guys being commented about. Anyone that knows me Knows that I usually have a camera ready when I'm working with TSRS (or after partying). Also anyone that knows me also knows I hate seeing cars tore up ! I guess other than overhearing the comment from one person everything else was great at TWS.

good video-good snaps

I thought my week/weekend was bad---waco racer told me about the problems they had.....*mine was a piece of cake*

thank goodness the driver walked away.....the way he was looking at his car after the rolls---I wonder if he was thinking-----'WOW.....! I wonder how bad the car is and can I get back in the race'

its great to have a family of drivers and crew that would give you the shirt off their back to get you back on the track to race against.

we are all extended family no matter what we race----we are all racers.

Archived