Thanks to safety crew

Mona

I would like to thank the safety crew for assisting me last night. I really appreciate the help, but also embarrased that I had to be helped. I know that I was a pain, that was in pain, but I'm sure you have heard that doctors and nurses are the worst patients. Especially emergency room/ICU trained nurses. You know, do as I say, not as I do.

The truth is that if I could have pried my butt out of the seat with one arm, I would have already been out of the car. Shoulder is much better today.

I just want to ask one question, how do you know if I gave the correct birth date or not when checking my orientation?LOL Now everyone knows I'm just an old lady.

Thanks again, You are really appreciated.

Old racing momma

Glad to hear your ok Wesmont.Safety crews deserve alot of thanks and respect.Alot of of drivers overlook them till they need them.I get hammered alot for this,but I think every driver should wear a small laminated card on a lanyard around their neck with personal info for safety personel incase it is needed.Never know when a driver may be to a point they have to airlifted or transported by ground and arent able to give any info and someone on their crew doesnt know what's needed (name,age,dob,insurance info,family contacts,if diabetic or any other type ailments,taking meds-if so -what,blood type-allergic to what meds, etc).I've been with several organizations that require it,you hope it's never needed,but if it is,it can save time and maybe somebodys loved one if you cant get a responce and the saftey personel know they can unzip a suit and find out whats needed ASAP.I'm a safety freak and hate to dwell on the subject,but in my travels on the curcuit,I've seen the worse of the worse.Just this weekend,a close dear racing friend of mine who raced for 30 yrs and I started hundreds of times was killed in a racing accident in Houston.Dont ever believe it cant happen,it can.

or maybe have something on file, readily available at the track. I know the tracks have a lot of stuff on their plates already but during registration have some thing filled out. no form = no race type deal. just my .02 worth.

Safety crews deserve alot of thanks and respect.

You got that right, Tommy...

We've been priviliged to receive the benefits of the hard work of the THR crew, "Wes and the Dirty Half-Dozen."

Thanks to ALL safety crews at all Texas tracks - and all tracks everywhere.

Archived