Grand Stock Question.

I know that Grand Stock is a claimer class. I have looked at posts that say if you spend more than a grand on a car, you spent too much.

OK. I have a grand. But havent been able to find any car that I can get and convert to meet the standards for around a grand.

So, the question is: If I decide to "come out of the stands" and claim a car to drive the following week, is that cool? I dont want to take someones car that they may have really put time and money into just to lose it to me because I had a grand to spend.

I guess I am lookin for some advice on this subject.

thanks,

TxTerror

c ya on the track

Guest bigfat

San Antonio Speedway is selling Grand Stocks. You can reach them @ 210.628.1499 or 210.827.4524, ask for Rick Day. They've got a caprice with a 350 in it that needs a roll cage, seat and belts. Also needs the doors welded or bolted shut and some other minor items. I think they want around $800 for it. Also, Oval Components has a package that included the Roll cage, Seat , Fuel Cell and Belts for $500. They can be reached @ 210.977.8222

Hard to build one for a grand. But just like any other car out there. Soon as you drive it off the lot you've lost a bunch of money. Especially a race car or in our case " a car that races".

I know that Grand Stock is a claimer class. I have looked at posts that say if you spend more than a grand on a car, you spent too much.

OK. I have a grand. But havent been able to find any car that I can get and convert to meet the standards for around a grand.

So, the question is: If I decide to "come out of the stands" and claim a car to drive the following week, is that cool? I dont want to take someones car that they may have really put time and money into just to lose it to me because I had a grand to spend.

I guess I am lookin for some advice on this subject.

thanks,

TxTerror

c ya on the track

It's hard to build one for a grand in most cases.

You may tick somebody off if you claim their car, but that's the way it goes...That's why it's a claimer class.

However, just remember that they may just claim it right back the following week. Because of that, you might be better off looking into one of the cars bigfat is talking about.

I believe THR may also have a few that they would sell.

SAS has a claim rule. Come down and claim BigFat's car, take it to THR. He won't find you. :D Then someone else around here can win a GS race :lol: Now I just need to put a sportsman motor in the old el camino and get er ready :ph34r:

Guest bigfat

Zoom,

You don't need more motor. Just let me knock some more bondo off the Camino to lighten her up a little more. It's not the 305 Sportsman motor that makes the #12 Chevy run so well. It's the MSD ingnition and the Blake.......... :ph34r::o Not to mention the Lunati Cam. I'm just glad they haven't teched ride heigth yet<_< ;):P

My car sucks at THR.

Hmmmm lets see.....

1. Drive back home to San Antonio ..........$25 in gas

2. Claim a car off of Bigfat.........................$500 to $1000

2. Take it back to Austin............................$25 in gas (again)

3. Paint it and change the number............$40 in paint from my garage

4. Spend the rest of my life going to tracks all over Texas so Bigfat cant find me to reclaim it.....................Priceless.....

B)

Hmmmm lets see.....

1. Drive back home to San Antonio ..........$25 in gas

2. Claim a car off of Bigfat.........................$500 to $1000

2. Take it back to Austin............................$25 in gas (again)

3. Paint it and change the number............$40 in paint from my garage

4. Spend the rest of my life going to tracks all over Texas so Bigfat cant find me to reclaim it.....................Priceless.....

B)

you.ll just have to join the car owners protection group. you pay them enough they will not tell big where you are running . ;)

Archived