Danica vs. Sarah

Budman

Sarah Fisher will be running in her first IRL race of the season next week at Kentucky Speedway.

This could be interesting, huh? Now, a good promoter would turn this to the IRL's advantage, and get a little light "smack" going between the two. (all carefully orchestrated by the respective pr people, of course.) This is the type of thing that could get a LOT of people's attention, and attract a LOT of media attention, if handled properly. But they probably won't, and totally miss a great pr opportunity. I guess they need ME to advise them. :rolleyes:

(SEE, just the title of this thread got your attention! :lol:

Nothing like a good 200 mph "chick fight" to get everyone's attention.

Sarah Fisher will be running in her first IRL race of the season next week at Kentucky Speedway.

This could be interesting, huh? Now, a good promoter would turn this to the IRL's advantage, and get a little light "smack" going between the two. (all carefully orchestrated by the respective pr people, of course.) This is the type of thing that could get a LOT of people's attention, and attract a LOT of media attention, if handled properly. But they probably won't, and totally miss a great pr opportunity. I guess they need ME to advise them. :rolleyes:

(SEE, just the title of this thread got your attention! :lol:

Nothing like a good 200 mph "chick fight" to get everyone's attention.

so you think your smart wellllllllllllll your correct . :lol:

If the IRL didn't hav it's head up it's collective posterior, Sarah would still have been in the IRL.

But, except for NASCAR, nobody in racing has a clue about promotion.

Strike that. Except for NASCAR and, locally, Tavo Hellmund and Aryn White, nobody in racing has a clue about promotion.

If the IRL didn't hav it's head up it's collective posterior, Sarah would still have been in the IRL.

But, except for NASCAR, nobody in racing has a clue about promotion.

Strike that. Except for NASCAR and, locally, Tavo Hellmund and Aryn White, nobody in racing has a clue about promotion.

Hey TQ!

Surely it takes a promotional guru like yourself to be able to sort out those of us who don't have a clue (you know who we are - LOL) from the elite who do. That's why I was surprised that you didn't list yourself right up there with Tavo and Aryn....

Just kidding, TQ. We all know that you are very knowledgable about such things.

But if you've been paying attention lately, you would have to put Debbie Williams and Terry Dickerson up there too. The SA airwaves are filled with SAS/USRA promotions these days.

Nick Holt

in equal equipment , sarah will whoop her bad...................i've been a sarah fisher fan for about eight years................and given the right chances she will show what she can do.

...............and i think danica needs to eat a burger or two

they packaged her up real prim and propper......................i'm not saying she can't drive, i'm not saying she's not attractive....................i'm saying they sold you on the attractive part and now you are buying her driving.

So did anyone see the Danica temper tantrum they played on the news a few days ago? My wife saw it and said it was really funny, with Danica stomping her feet and all... The news guy showed the clip several times...LOL...

I unfortunately missed it, oh well...

Horse - I agree with you. In equal equipment, it would be no match, unless someone got Danica mad before the race. Then it would be a little closer. The fact is talent of the driver is only part of the equation.

We can debate which is the better driver on here till the cows come home. Right now, that's of little significance. What IS significant is that two female drivers will be competing with each other and their male counterparts, on the same track, in the same cars and at the same time. That doesn't happen very often. I am just hoping the national media picks up on it.

There remains a vast untapped source of potential race fans out there. This could be the "gimmick" that gets their attention if it is handled properly. AND, there's always the "trickle down effect" at the local track level, if it is. That's what this thread is really about. :)

just great another lavern and shirly :lol: show i kind of wonder who would be the best at stopping thier feet .probably . the one with the d in her first name . but ill go with sara the best on abuility. and leave it up to woody wood pecker .to have photos .

Sorry, guys. While I'm a fan of Sarah as well, Danica has the better record against tougher competition.

I would like to see both of them in equipment equal to the guys, which was not the case with Sarah and hasn't been the case with Danica, though her stuff has been better than what they were putting under Sarah.

Next season, with Michael Andretti, I expect Danica to have a very good car.

But Budman's right: this isn't about who's better, it's about promotion. I sure hope the IRL doesn't wait for the national media to "pick up" on it, but shoves press releases down their throats, starting by tomorrow at the latest.

After all football season started this week, and the national sports media is pretty myopic when it comes to anything else during the four most important sport seasons: football season, football pre-season, football draft and recruiting season, and spring football season.

TQ,

I agree. The race is Sunday at 2:30 on ABC. This would be so easy! ESPN is a sister network to ABC. All that would have to happen is for Sarah to say five little words in an ESPN Sportscenter interview tonight........................... "I think Danica is overrated."

Archived