street stocks at HMP

thrss1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cary e-mailed Mary Ann about this race within the past couple of days. Her reply said that the race is on for the 19th and that they are working on the press release currently in hopes of getting it out this week. He got the impression that it will be a non-points race, but that was not specifically said. He didn't ask about the purse structure, so that was not mentioned. I hope all of the SS guys will call the ones they know who don't frequent TXSZ and encourage a high attendance at this race.

cs

Hey guys & gals, yes this race is a go, the THR Street Stocks will be joining the TSRS Late Models @ HMSP. Brian and I will be discussing tomorrow if it will be a points race, if you are a THR SS driver, please post your opinion on it being a points race or you can privately email me @ maluvsracing@aol.com.

The Baker's are very excited about these two classes joining them on August 19th. I will tell you, unfortunately I do not have a full time staff and it is hard working more than one race at a time.

This is going to be a very exciting weekend @ HMSP, hope you can all join us! I do know it is a 35 lap event and at this time, it will pay just like the new THR SS payout.

HMSP Hotel of choice is the Holiday Inn Houston - Intercontinental Airport, rates are 59.00, please let them know you are racing @ HMSP. 281.449.2311.

Fun, fun, fun! B)

My vote would be to make it a points race, especially if the earlier rainout is not going to be made up. I know some might say that they didn't sign on to race in a touring series, but it's just one race, what the heck.

The 31 car should be there also. I haven't been able to talk to any of the other regulars yet.

we ain't racing for points or a purse........... racing simply because it's one of the best damn tracks you'll ever get an oppurtunnity to race at.

Would like to see THR points stay with THR races for now.

I am ok with making up that July rainout , and ok if we do not make it up.. But if we were to make up that rainout for points......possibly use the Stockcar Spectacular.

Even though the race on the 19th sounds fun, and would be great experience....

the almighty dollar has me on the ropes and I would have trouble making the trip.

but I will deal with what ever is decided.... just throwing out 5 cents worth of opinion!

If the HMP race proves to be a success, which I am sure it will be....add it as a points race at the beginning of the season so folks have time to plan for it.

I really don't even care about the points issue. This is the first time that street stocks have had the opportunity to race at HMP, and it would be cool to see a really good car count. Go to Houston and put on a show for them, like the THR spectators get to see on our race nights.

Throwing out an idea that may help....

Viewed as the Total Purse doesn't change... would lowering the Top 5 or so's winnings and transfering them to the lower places.. help sway anyone?

Example is below... Nearly Exact payout.. but $50 to start instead of $25...

Pays for about 125 miles of Haul Fuel :unsure::unsure::D

post-2-1154559807_thumb.jpg

Archived