HMP MODIFIED RACE SATUDAY .....

awmhunter1

I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THAT THIS WEBSITE IS NOT HERE TO BE BASHING PEOPLE, TEAMS OR OFFICIALS BUT SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE SAID ABOUT THE WAY THINGS WERE HANDLED AT HMP SATURDAY NIGHT!

EVEN IF YOUR HELPING THE TRACK BY FINDING SPONSORS FOR IT YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED "SPECIAL TREATMENT" BY THE CALLING OF THE RACE. IF YOU PROCEED TO TAKE OUT 3 OR 4 CARS ON INDIVIDUAL OCCASIONS AND GET A BLACK FLAG THEN COME BACK OUT ONTO THE TRACK AND TAKE YOUR SPOT BACK IN FRONT OF THE FIELD IS WRONG NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT.

INTENTIONALLY SPINNING OUT YOUR CAR WHEN SOMEONE GETS CLOSE TO YOU OR BUMPS YOU IS ALSO BS!

I WOULD LIKE THE OFFICALS TO CHANGE THE RULING THAT ALL INVOLVED GOTO THE BACK OF THE FIELD UNDER A CAUTION WHERE IR IS OBVIOUS THAT THE GUY IN FRONT CAN'T DRIVE AND IS RUINING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF RACERS EQUIPMENT BECAUSE HE DOESN'T CARE AND HAS AN UNLIMITED BUDGET.

THE NUMBER SEVEN CAR IN THE MODIFIED DIVISION HAS NO PLACE BEING ON THE TRACK, COULDN'T HANDLE A BOAT AND HAS NO BUSINESS IN A MODIFIED!

THANKS AGAIN DAN!

I SPOKE WITH GRAHAM, HE IS NOT GETTING INVOLVED WITH CALLS FROM THE OFFICIALS.

I AM JUST AGGRIVATED WITH THE FACT THAT THE 7 CAR WAS INVOLVED IN CAUSING THREE CAUTIONS AND ONE BLACK FLAG AND NEVER LOST HIS POSITION ON THE TRACK AFTER CAUSING YOUR SECOND CATION YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BLACK FLAGGED.

if you cause 2 cautions you go to the back but not when you get spun, he was hit everytime he spun, was he the fastest car hell no, but he took away the low line, and everybody tried to knock him out of the way instead of trying to pass him high or something else

Complaining about calls (or non-calls) on here is a no-no. Please take up your issue with the responsible official rather than in a TXSZ forum.

However, I believe the larger issue is the use or non-use of the all involved rule at HMP. Perhaps this negative thread can be turned into yet another useful discussion of the pros and cons of the so-called 'all involved rule.'

Nick Holt

I sure am glad that the SAS racers aren't on TXSZ every week whining about an official's call like the THR and HMP racers have been lately!

Guess none of us are racing for a living and have lives outside the track!

NICK

I THINK THE ALL INVOLVED RULE WOULD HELP THE SITUATION THAT WAS AT THE TRACK ON SATURDAY NIGHT, I GUESS THERE ARE PROS AND CONS TO RUNNING BOTH WAYS BUT IF A DRIVER IS HOLDING UP TRAFFIC DUE TO AN ILL HANDLING CAR AND IS NOT RUNNING A CONSISTANT LINE SUCH AS MOVING UP THE TRACK WHEN YOU GO TO THE OUTSIDE AND STAYING LOW WHEN YOU GOTO THE INSIDE OR BETTER YET COMES TO A STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CORNER DUE TO NOT WANTING TO PUSH UP THE TRACK AND LEAVE THE BOTTOM OPEN BESIDE REPEADLY BUMMPING ON HIM SINCE HE IS NOT RUNNING A CONSISTANT LINE WHAT ELSE ARE YOU GOING TO DO? SEND THEM BOTH TO THE BACK AND SEE WHO COMES THROUGH THE FIELD THE FURTHEST BEFORE THE RACE IS OVER?

I GUESS THERE ARE NO SET OF RULES THAT WOULD MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY.....

Andy,

I agree with you about your last line... you can only please 75% of the people 25% of the time, and 75% of the time, only 25% of people will be happy with you.

As a high school basketball official I can tell you that no matter what you do, someones not going to be happy ... hell sometimes the person who got the call isnt even happy!

I personaly am not a big fan of the all involved rule, I saw 2 races early in the year where 2 guys got royally scr^wed by it when they didnt have nothing to do with the spinouts except get caught up in the maylay.... They had to all goto the back and a clearly slower car ended up winning both races... Since SAS pretty much did away with the all involved rule its been alot better.... That said, I can clearly see situations when you need that rule.... So now with all that said I have no idea what a good solution would be except to make it a judgment call with officials and just live with what results from it....

Archived