EARL CAMBELL

gundogC3

I have worked on his cars for year's, and have talked to him on the phone. Today I made it a point to take his car back to him myself. The man had to hold on to me to get to his car. He is one of my hero's, but to hear him talk on the way back to the shop, he's a cool guy. We started talking about football then for some reason we started talkin about racing....he asked me..... was it leagal what Jeff Gordon did to Matt was legal, I was blown away. He watches NASCAR. The man is an icon...but what a man..told him how all of us in Texas thought about him..

btw he only had a Longhorn and and a Oilers Jersey on his walls entering into his office.....made my day.

btw got his autograph....ALREADY HAD ONE...

Yah Gundog..

Earl Campbell is a man among men...the Tyler Rose is truly a Texas Classic...

Kinda sad to see him in his condition today...he struggles to do most anything, but by god he'll get it done!

Thanks for sharing the story about one of Texas' true heroes...you should call the show tomorrow and tell it on the air--a Texas football legend who watches NASCAR!

Gunnar, what a wonderful experience. I had the pleasure of talking to him when he was to be a guest at our Scout banquet in the seventies. He could not come since he was to receive the Heisman that night. He sent another player and it was such a wonderful time for all the kids. He is truly a TEXAS icon. Thanks for sharing the story. Ya lucky Gundog...............

Archived