Good Night at STS

Gary & I as well as all the STS employees would like to say thanks to all the fans for coming out, it was great to see a full grandstands on a regular night of racing. We had 639 adults this past weekend which is our highest attendance with a regular race program. Hopefully we can continue to grow and hit that goal of 1000 on a regular night, that would be great. We also want to say thanks to the drivers, 63 cars made it out and put on a good show. The modifieds were a little rough but it is racing not croquet so that happens every now and then. With out you drivers we know the fans would not be there so thanks again. Looking forward to next weekend we have Modifieds, Limited Modifieds, Super Stocks, Street Stocks, Pure Stocks and Thunders. shouold be another awesome night of racing.

Thanks

Owen

Owen,

Did you get a copy of the segment they had on Channel 3 last night? I missed it and REALLY want to see it. RGS and Edna are both off this weekend. Hopefully we can get a bunch of their cars especially in Limiteds.

J

Don't be sorry I agree with you a set of common rules is a great thing. I think I had a pretty good set of common rules for the 2004 and 2005 Stockcar championship street stock races on asphalt.

I hope to have a few asphalt cars come run on the dirt with us. I know the 13 street stock at our track came from asphalt in a car that was built for asphalt and he never loses.

thanks

Owen Pittman

Owen i want to thank you and Gary for all the work yall have done to give us racers a good facility to race at. i have really enjoyed this year of racing more then the last couple of years, so i hope you and Gary keep up the good work. also im glad that we have a awesome fire crew that does a wonderful job keeping the drivers safe.

GARY AND OWEN I WOULD LIKE TO THANK BOTH OF YOU.TOGETHER YA'LL MAKE RACING HAPPEN WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE!! I ENJOY RACING AT SOUTH TEXAS SPEEDWAY,THE COMPETITION IS AWESOME,IF BILL WOULD MISS A WEEK SO SOMEONE ELSE COULD WIN!!JUST A JOKE BILL, YOU KEEP US WORKING ON OUR CARS TO GET THEM FASTER.THANKS TO ALL SOUTH TEXAS SPEEDWAY FANS AND EMPLOYEES.THEY BRING US OUT EVERY WEEK TO ENJOY WHAT WE LOVE TO DO!!! THANKS AGAIN, HEY GARY IF YOU HAVE TIME TO READ THIS GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND GET THE TRACK PREPARED FOR THE NEXT EVENT!!SEE YA !!

I dont think you will be able to do much with the tire wear. That dirt that you have is real abrasive and the only way to change that is to bring in all new dirt(not fesable). The one thing I would like to see is a higher grove, this last race was a one grove track. I had to find out the hard way in the heat that there was no upper groove.

:P Ditto to everything above Owen and especially Gary :P ,

:P The track was great and I enjoyed the show. I brought 2 families with 3 and 4 kids each when I came back for my 2 weeks of R & R from the middle east. The kids all ganged up on me cause they knew I would over rule mom and take them to the track, and they want to come back. The kids talked to the momma's and that led to a fun weekend for all. :P

B) Had a great time and the kids echoed that as well. Congrats on making this thing go so well! B)

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (Cyprus bound after today) :ph34r:

Archived