Make up races

Keith Garrett

Keith,

Your're right about the 15 races. We looked at the number of completed and scheduled races yesterday, and we've already been discussing this issue. It's a tricky thing, though. It's kinda like the rainouts - no matter which way you go with it, someone will not like the decision. It's a "darned if you do and darned if you don't" situation.

One of our options is to include the local classes on a night that they were already scheduled to be off. We know that drivers make personal plans on their nights off, but we're looking at several of the options available, especially for our NASCAR feature division (SAS LMs).

On the other hand, if we schedule a double feature on a regular night, it can be a financial risk. We only get one admission or entry fee per person, but we'd have to pay twice the purse.

Deb,

You know our lives revolve around SAS and racing... :D

In all seriousness, it would be nice if last weekend were reset for another weekend. I'm with Keith, if Terry and SAS want to do a Twin 25 night it would be great. Also for the fans!

I personaly like the twin bill racing since its fun to watch, especially the SM class... However I think its august has alot of open weekends and I think it would be cool if the make ups were set there since it seems like the last half of august is open....

Help please!

There is an email out saying that Latemodel race from last week will be rescheduled. What about the Sportsman race? The points are close and it would be nice to reschedule this one also...

If it's been talked about elsewhere and I missed it, let me apologize!

Mark

Yes, Mark, we did post a press release for a Late Model race reschedule to August 12.

We're looking at our options for all of the other SAS classes. Here an excerpt from the press release that was posted earlier today:

Several options are currently being explored for makeup races in the NASCAR Sportsman, Road Runner and Grand Stock classes at San Antonio Speedway, with potential big races for each of the remaining classes.

See, I said I might have missed it...

Thanks Deb and Thanks to SAS staff for working and Terry D for looking at this... I know there are several drivers who would like to have a make up date or even twins as mentioned before...

Thanks Again...

Mark

Guest bigfat

Keith,

are you addressing that topic "to" many rainouts, or did you mean "too" many rainouts???? Don't forget to read the addition to my signature.

I'm here for ya bro.

Archived