SAS Driver Point Fund

tazmachine69

FASCAR is collecting OLD/USED printer ink cartridges to help raise money for the drivers point fund. We want those small useless ink cartridges, toner cartridges, laser printer cartridges and copy machine toner cartridges. The great thing is, it doesn't cost the fans or drivers anything but a little time.

For each ink cartridge FASCAR receives, we will in turn get between $2.00 and $12.00 depending on the type of cartridge, to be put into the drivers point fund. This is a year round project so we can start the drivers point fund before the next racing season begins each year! With your help this could be a huge success. Just think if everyone brought FASCAR all their used cartridges and if you have some at your place of business that just get thrown away, well bring them too!

Not only does this add money to the drivers point fund, but it also helps the world in which we live in by recycling. We feel it's a great way for the fans and drivers to contribute without putting a dent in their pockets.

You can drop off your ink cartridges at the FASCAR Photo Booth on the grandstands side or drivers and crew you can bring them to the drivers meeting and they will be collected there.

If you have any other ideas on how to raise money for the drivers point fund, we will gladly hear them at the next scheduled FASCAR meeting which will be held at Shoney's located off Walzem and Loop 410/I-35 on Tuesday, August 19th at 7:30 p.m. Hope to see you there!

Jean Nesser

Corresponding Secretary/Historian

Jason,

Yeah I have tried some printing companies, they all keep them and recycle them for their profit. The office stores do the same thing, I have checked there as well.

The majority of people who are contributing are the FASCAR members who go to the meetings every month. We have been getting an average of 100 dollars a month from that, can you imagine if even half of the people in the stands and in the pits would start bringing them to the racetrack weekly the amount of funds we could raise!

Thanks for the idea though, but if you happen to find a printing company who doesnt keep their cartridges let me know, i will sure go hit em up!

Archived