USRA Race this week-end

Casey19

I was so happy to see that Eric will be coming to race this week-end in San Antonio. I really like Eric and his Mom and Dad we have known this family forever and I mean forever. I am very surprised that Eric's release says he will be racing Jake's number 9, I mention this only because this number is registered to Gary Buchanan, I am sure Gary being the type of guy he is (if this number was not precious to him too) would not have a problem in the world giving it up, however Gary is planning on running this week-end and he runs the #9 in memory of Justin Buchanan - which is Gary's brother - Alan Buchanan's late son who would be Casey's age. Justin died of Lucemia when he was 10 years old - raced Quarter Midgets with Casey. I know this number is very sacred to the Buchanan, and hopefully a happy compromise can be worked out. JMO

Kathy Smith - Casey's #1 Fan

Ah ha! I can shed some light on the subject B) If Gary shows up to the race, Eric will have to add a letter to his #9 (which he probably has registered already). If Gary does not show, the letter added to the number is not needed but he will be scored w/ the number/letter combo he registered; which will be reflected in the post race reports & points standings. :D

John is right. The number is registered to Gary Buchanan. Since Gary is planning to race on Saturday, Eric will have to add a letter or another number to the "9" on his car. Eric's race will also be scored with the modified number.

Archived